Can i get this cleared up plz..once and for all??

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I seem to have a million versions of bryce pro 7 and daz studio on my external harddrive.

Can someone tell me..

what's the latest version of bryce shoud l have.. and how do i find if I've installed it because in the older versions..it would show on your screen when uploading.. and now it doesn't.

and secondly.. daz studio..which one wors with the latest version of bryce? We've always had compatibility probs with newer versions of DS..s

HELP!

First post here and it's a cry of despair!

Thanks a million

Aka erosiaart (rosie)

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,123
    edited December 1969

@oceanlaughter - the latest Bryce version is 7.1.0.109. Click on Help, then hold down the ctrl key and click on About Bryce. This will show the version number.

I have all Bryce versions from 4 onward installed (and Studio 2.3, 3 and 4.6). Be aware that if you re-install Bryce or remove a version, you lose your content for good. Make a backup of the Presets folder.

• edited December 1969

Thanks Horo. I did that..and yup.I do have the latest. version of bryce.

You actually installed most of the versions of ds and bryce? *Whistles!* How does that work with bryce? Simple me have bryce 5 onwards..but use just the latest. I seem to have kept quite a few versions of ds..3 onwards..but there's always been compatibility probs if using ds thru bryce ie..clicking on the daz icon on the tools bar..

edited December 1969

@oceanlaughter - I have those versions on another drive than C and each version is in a separate folder. DS 2.3 is used for Bryce 5.5, DS 3 for Bryce 6.0/6.1/6.3 and DS 4 for Bryce 7.0/7.1. Studio content is in yet another folder so I can access it from any DS version.

The problem with multi-version installation is that you cannot double-click on a source file. You're never sure which version starts. You have to open the program and load the scene.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Hello Rosie, is so nice to see you over here.

Hope you will visit us often. We are very friendly here, honestly, well in this forum anyway :coolsmile:

Pam

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

Horo..Thank you.. I am ..er..shall stick to one bryce and one ds version..ahem. I'm as confused as a bat flying in broad daylight. Didn't you once try to give us a small tut on ibl on rendo once? I ought to have gotten it..and do you know what? I still can't. Am as thick as thieves when it comes to that. which is why one bryce and one ds.

Pam.. lol.. I think we brycers are nuts..so no matter what forum we on.. we tend to make the forum go a bit silly. That's what brycing does to us anyway.. I'll try to pop in as much as I can. I normally have 2 tabs start us as my home page..ie rendo and bbc , I'll add in here too.

Cheers
    - Rosie

edited September 2013

Horo..Thank you.. I am ..er..shall stick to one bryce and one ds version..ahem. I'm as confused as a bat flying in broad daylight. Didn't you once try to give us a small tut on ibl on rendo once? I ought to have gotten it..and do you know what? I still can't. Am as thick as thieves when it comes to that. which is why one bryce and one ds.

Pam.. lol.. I think we brycers are nuts..so no matter what forum we on.. we tend to make the forum go a bit silly. That's what brycing does to us anyway.. I'll try to pop in as much as I can. I normally have 2 tabs start us as my home page..ie rendo and bbc , I'll add in here too.

Cheers
    - Rosie

''Yay, it will be good to see you. I dare say you heard that I had upped stakes and moved around 4½ years ago, and now am in Wales, but still a long way form Chris, as I am still worried about that Comfi chair of his. The Ironic thing is it will take almost as long to drive up to Where Chris is as it did to drive from London to here. It's all those ups and downs, and having to dodge the sheep on the roads that does it I think. :coolsmile:
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

erosiaart said:
    Didn't you once try to give us a small tut on ibl on rendo once? I ought to have gotten it..and do you know what? I still can't. Am as thick as thieves when it comes to that. which is why one bryce and one ds.

We'll, I don't remember that, but it is possible I once wrote a sentence or two about it. Just don't be shy and ask if you have specific questions. Pam is your security - she keeps me in check with her club. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Who Me? :coolgrin:

• edited December 1969

:lol: Horo.. um..er..you overestimate Pam that way. She's been terribly sweet..but she is an imp ;-P Woo her.. and you can get away with anything xept murder :lol:

I'll probably call on you once more for a step to step guide on ibl.. need to do it so badly for a still life me working on. Not my forte..still life..btu I need to discipline myself. Will put that up in a day or two..

Pam..sorry to blow your cover :-p Think you ought to call thebryster..he'll fall off his comy mars chair..but he needs that fall. I ought to be dropping into Wales early next yr.. just to kick him off it. I know what you mean about the sheep.when I first went visit thebryster..I came down the stairs in the morning bleating..sheep sheep. He still hasn't forgotten that. All I could say that whole day was sheep. Wales is lovely...I love the hills and the sheep. You are lucky moving there.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited September 2013

The most recent public non-beta release of DAZ Studio is 4.6.0.18 .

I don't know of a way to identify the version of Bryce or DS based simply on looking at the downloaded file. I would suggest that immediately upon downloading, installing, and running the application, you check the version number and then rename the installer (or the folder it is in if you keep one per folder) to include that version number so you will know in the future. Won't help now, but it will help next time.
    You could of course redownload and reinstall to get the most recent versions (after making any appropriate backups) then you'll know for sure what version you have installed right now.
    EDITED TO ADD: If you have access to an old junker PC that's too old to actually use for 3D but still works, or a work PC and a liberally-minded employer, you could also run your installers on it one by one to see what version gets installed, then get them sorted out that way.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • edited December 1969

Hi Sean
    Thanks. I think I'll back up and reload ds. I worked out that I have the latest version of bryce.
    Nopes..sadly....no PC's Because I travel ..I use a laptop. Don't ask.. I keep burning the processor up. Grat advice tho for those who int he same muddled up boat as me.

Cheers
    - rosie

edited December 1969

That sounds like a good theme for a render "Rosie, the Peripatetic Brycer" lol :coolsmile: