How to use Controllable Dynamic sharpes

narbouknarbouk Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've bought Controllable dynamic shapes, and I try to use it in DS 4. When the circle (or the rectangle) is clothified, it's impossible to move it. It's not fixed. Its remain to the first state (flat). How to use it ? Thank you, I'm a poor user.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,883
    edited December 1969

It's necessary to rerun the drape after any change to the pose - that's true of all dynamic cloth in DS, if not universally. If you want the cloth to move between drapes you need to set the positions up as keyframes and perform an animated drape.

• narbouknarbouk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So it's impossible to lock the figure after clothing operation ? I've to place the circle or the rectangle FIRST at the right place.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That set will need more than just normal Draping. You need to have a start pose and end pose for the helpers so think in animated drapes only. The same applies to the included helpers. Start pose to End pose in a Animated Drape. You can do good things once you understand that the Helpers and handles need to be moved from start to end pose. I use multiple drapes to get to the finished Drape for a render.

• edited December 1969

Based on the demonstration on you tube and the limited amount of information I bought this add on.. All I can say is that its extremely misleading in how you need to use it ... it also should be stated that its not compatilble with the latest release of daz studio ... it crashes daz all the time and has been a waste of money ... mainly due to the fact that it is misrepresented in your online store ....

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

bensam123 said:
    Based on the demonstration on you tube and the limited amount of information I bought this add on.. All I can say is that its extremely misleading in how you need to use it ... it also should be stated that its not compatilble with the latest release of daz studio ... it crashes daz all the time and has been a waste of money ... mainly due to the fact that it is misrepresented in your online store ....

I think the promo's are rather good in showing how they work. They illustrate the steps as an animation, which is precisely how all dynamic items work in Daz Studio. They're essentially like any other dynamic item, but with additional handles designed to give you that extra degree of control. The promo's show a step-by-step process in them, detailing how to achieve certain effects with them. Credit where credit is due.

As for the crashing, that's not entirely down to the product. Unfortunately, the dynamic clothing plugin is designed by OptiTex and has more than a few quirks. One of the reasons I also use minimal dynamic cloth, if any, is because in the free version at least it seems very unstable. Simply reposing a figure with draped cloth on it can cause Daz Studio to crash at times, and more complex scenes suffer from it more than most.

Still, this isn't the thread for that discussion.

Narbouk, when working with dynamic items you need to think in terms of animation even for still figures. The process of calculating how the cloth moves is done using animation frames (called a drape) and while simple drapes can be done with a static figure, more difficult poses will require the figure to move along with the cloth item. This will require you to create a short animation to get the desired results.

• edited December 1969

I am using it in animated sequences with a moving figure in daz studio 4.6 64 bit ... It appears to be toatally incompatible with animate and the cloth loops slip straight through the torus helpers ?????????

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

bensam123 said:
    I am using it in animated sequences with a moving figure in daz studio 4.6 64 bit ... It appears to be totally incompatible with animate and the cloth loops slip straight through the torus helpers ?????????

Animate is a bit unique. You'll need to 'convert' the aniMate aniBlocks into a regular animation by baking the animation. Only then will you be able to use it with dynamic cloth.

As for why the cloth is slipping through the helpers, I honestly couldn't say. Perhaps another user might be able to shed some light on this unusual circumstance.

edited December 1969

They shouldn't be. They should be auto set to collide with the loops. If not check and be sure that they do.

• edited December 1969

I recently purchased the Controllable Dynamic Shapes and I can't figure out how to grab the loops. Is there a trick to this? So far every time I try to do a single frame dynamic .. the cloth just shrinks down to a crumpled up mess.

edited August 2013

I recently purchased the Controllable Dynamic Shapes and I can't figure out how to grab the loops. Is there a trick to this? So far every time I try to do a single frame dynamic .. the cloth just shrinks down to a crumpled up mess.
    You Animate the Loops into the final position as shown in the Vid. It helps if they Collide with the figure also.
    Post edited by Jaderail on