Hey, did you guys hear Carrara 8.5 will launch on August 26th, 2013?

1235»

Comments

• GrokDDGrokDD Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

At first I thought "Another $80.50? Just to use genesis in Carrara?"" (that's my only real use for the upgrade...
    But then I saw all the pro bundle items thrown in....smoking deal now.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

A question for people who already installed 8.5 :

1. Does it install over my version 8? Or do I have to re-install all my content I have installed in my version 8?

2. DSON : Do I have to download and install all DSON versions of my already installed Gen5+6 content in DAZ Studio?

Thanks in advance,
    Peter.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

In my cart, it's $171.00 minus $87 so it's $84.00

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I'm just happy it's released to be honest. Seemed to be a real hotbed of discussion and some of that was actually putting me off visiting this side of the forum at all.

I can't afford to buy it right now, but it's high on my list of things to save up for.

In the meantime I'm gonna spend some energy and time honing my skills on Rara 8. There's still SO much power in there that I haven't unleashed!

Hope the people that buy this are really happy.
    Barry.

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited August 2013

ncamp said:
    it cost me $171, I own C8.1 pro
    I am in PC though

That's what it cost me as well. As I see it the price should have been:

Intro Price $285.
    Prior Carrara Owner discount 50% makes $142.50
    Plat Club discount 40% makes $85.50

I logged out to see the street price, and it was $285.00.

How did you get that sum?
    I still have 171.00 here, but I'm PC member and pre owner too...

Edit:
    Got the solution myself: it's the calculation for C8.5, not c8.5 pro

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
  • edited December 1969

im a previous owner and only get C8.5 Pro for $285, whats the deal, C8 is in my account.

any one else having this problem..

T

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Tonymax said:
    im a previous owner and only get C8.5 Pro for $285, whats the deal, C8 is in my account.

any one else having this problem..

T

Hi Tony,
    are you PC member?
  • edited August 2013

Hi Eddy,

Quote [Hi Tony,
    are you PC member?]

no but i will be to get he discount ;-)

but i thought without pc membership it was about $144, with pc membership about $84 from what i can gather in this thread, ($285 seems way off).

I thought the introductory offer was 48% off then the previous version another 50% off.

C8 is not showing up in my download manager so i've contacted support for some help, C8 content is, so something strange happening i think as well!

so confusing

Tony

Post edited by myst.exile_cb6c6912e3 on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Well, it's out of my budget for an upgrade that yet again fails to deliver the single most important feature in The Universe.

I am still waiting for The Millennium Cow!!

Without that, I'll need to hit the lottery for a couple hundred bucks or win lots of contests...

And tonymax - did you go to checkout? Sometimes the new and improved store does not show a final price until you are actually at the checkout page.

This is a new feature which is intended to greatly improve the shopping experience by making you think you're getting an extra discount!

Either that or yet another glitch in the store...

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    ncamp said:
    it cost me $171, I own C8.1 pro
    I am in PC though

That's what it cost me as well. As I see it the price should have been:

Intro Price $285.
    Prior Carrara Owner discount 50% makes $142.50
    Plat Club discount 40% makes $85.50

I logged out to see the street price, and it was $285.00.

How did you get that sum?
    I still have 171.00 here, but I'm PC member and pre owner too...

Edit:

I got the C8.5 Pro with Platinum Club Discount and Coupon :

Installers
    Carrara 8 Pro (download)

16777 1 $171.00
    Subtotal $171.00
    Discount -$6.00
    Grand Total $165.00

• edited December 1969

I got the C8.5 Pro with Platinum Club Discount and Coupon :

Installers
    Carrara 8 Pro (download)

16777 1 $171.00
    Subtotal $171.00
    Discount -$6.00
    Grand Total $165.00

C8.5 standard makes sense, but you still got C8.5 Pro at $165, is that the extra PC 40% off?

T

• Rhian-SkybladeRhian-Skyblade Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

So far I know it's 69 % off (not counting in the coupon) - that's what I had in my shopping cart.

edited December 1969

I bought Carrara 8.5 PRO
    Here it is, copied and pasted directly from My Account, My Orders: Carrara 8.5 Pro
    It was as I told you. It was 171.00 and I got 87.00 off in the cart.
    I owned the PRO version of the previous one. That might make a difference?
    I am a PC member.

edited December 1969

One thing that might be happening to you- sometimes the forums and site logs you off but it still says Log Out (making you think that you are logged in.) If you are getting whacky prices at this time (going on 5:30am) then maybe you are not really logged in. Log out and log in and see what prices show, and clear your cache. As was said earlier, when products are first launched, the prices are whacky. Your cache may be showing you the wrong pages that aren't current. Hope you get it working for you. :)

• edited December 1969

well i had C8 pro before, upgrading to c8.5 pro with pc membership added is still $171 in the cart before confirmation of buying.

where is the -$87 coming from?

T

• edited December 1969

One thing that might be happening to you- sometimes the forums and site logs you off but it still says Log Out (making you think that you are logged in.) If you are getting whacky prices at this time (going on 5:30am) then maybe you are not really logged in. Log out and log in and see what prices show, and clear your cache. As was said earlier, when products are first launched, the prices are whacky. Your cache may be showing you the wrong pages that aren't current. Hope you get it working for you. :)[/quote

ill give that a go.. thanks

T

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

If you have already purchased and feel the discount is incorrect, please file a support ticket. In the meantime we have flagged this up in the correct quarter, for them to find when the office opens.

Edited to add BTW Tonymax you are not showing as a PC member. You will aslo need to contact support about that if your PC subs are up to date.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Best deal for me is to Join the Plat Club quarterly at $24, makes the whole purchase $109.50...hmmm...going in, $100 was my budget. Gonna get some coffee and think if I really need it.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

I'm seeing $171. Could be because I bought Carrara 8 as an upgrade from DS 4 Advanced, and I'm being counted as a new Carrara user?

To be honest, I don't know if I'll be upgrading. This is quite a good upgrade if Genesis figures and content are a big deal, but DS users got all the integration done for free. There just doesn't seem to be a good hook in this package. Perhaps I'm spoiled by huge free point releases with other software, but this seems to be little more than paying for the privilege to use more content.

Admittedly if you don't already own M and V 5, then that in itself might be a pretty big hook.

• WallytheartistWallytheartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does the Aniblock importer work with the new release on new characters?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

May want to ask in this thread, its more active right now: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27826/P135