Import MetaData Not Working

Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I had installed several new products with MetaData and started up Studio 4.

Studio 4 Froze when it was importing the MetaData and crashed.

I restarted Studio 4, All the older content I had with MetaData is showing up, but the newer MetaData stuff isn't because it didn't get to get imported , so I went and did a re-import MetaData, but Studio is Freezing up when it tries to Import the MetaData. After 30 minutes, not 1 item has been imported and the window box for Processing MetaData is saying, "(Not Responding)".

I'm using Windows 7, 32 bit.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you know which item is causing the problem, or is it everything you just installed? Is this in 4.0.3.47 or 4.5?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited July 2012

It wasn't any item as far as I can tell. It was doing it for all items.

I did manage to get all the MetaData to show up, but I had to re-import all the MetaData about 4 times because of freeze ups and do another of restart the computer..

I was installing several things last night and I had it freeze again after I installed a bunch of stuff during the MetaData import.

Managed to get every thing to show up again, but it took several re-imports to get the MetaData to show up after another restart as well..

It looks like the problem occurs or will most likely occur if a bunch of MetaData needs to be imported and the computer hasn't been restarted.

If I only install a few products with MetaData and run Studio they get imported with no problem.

The way to avoid a freeze and problems seems to be make sure to run Studio after installing just a few products so the new MetaData can be imported and not wait till after installing a large number of products, and to restart the computer if a large number that have MetaData did get installed or if a re-import of all MetaData is needed.

It is a bit weird as I've never had this problem happen before.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I know in DS3 I sometimes got crashes from a corrupt content database, and had to restore a backup from before the problem started.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

That is good to know. Thank you for the Tip. I have a large set of files to install. I will break it up into small sets now.

EDIT: Another Thank you to Mike. I need to backup both my databases again. Just to be safe.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mike,
    I'll be sure to back up my databases.