how do i tell if I am getting a platinum club discount or not

estheresther Posts: 608
edited December 1969 in The Commons

all I see is a cart full of things with prices but no mention of which ones are discounted or on sale in the cart, and when I go to pay it takes me straight to paypal.
How do I know which things in my cart should be discounted. I have a feeling I am not getting my plat club discounts.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I go by the price expected as shown on the product page and/or newsletters.

Sometimes I have to add, then remove, then add again an item to the 'cart' to get it showing with the correct price.

Because it's done this several times ... like wanting to charge me $99 dollars for a free item ... I tend to buy one or two items at a time so I can be very sure the price is correct and that if there's ever a problem, hopefully it'll be a small one.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Hi there,
    I would at least like to see if there is a platinum discount or not.
    I can't tell. Maybe I am not getting my pc discounts anymore.
    I do find buying a lot more stressful than it used to be. I searched my computer and though I couldn't find the product on my puter, and as there is no way to quickly and easily search the product items anymore, I had a strong feeling I may have already purchased it, so i wrote to daz and this was the DAZ reply:-
    "Hello,
    Unfortunately we do not have access to your Itemized Order History so there is no way to search this for you.
    The new store has no way of knowing what you had purchase with the old store, but if you try to purchase something in the new store and try again in the future it will notify you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience."

edited June 2012

esther said:
    Hi there,
    I would at least like to see if there is a platinum discount or not.
    I can't tell. Maybe I am not getting my pc discounts anymore.
    I do find buying a lot more stressful than it used to be. I searched my computer and though I couldn't find the product on my puter, and as there is no way to quickly and easily search the product items anymore, I had a strong feeling I may have already purchased it, so i wrote to daz and this was the DAZ reply:-
    "Hello,
    Unfortunately we do not have access to your Itemized Order History so there is no way to search this for you.
    The new store has no way of knowing what you had purchase with the old store, but if you try to purchase something in the new store and try again in the future it will notify you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience."

If when you're in the PC part of the store you're seeing $1.99 items; then yes you'd be receiving the PC prices.

atm there is no purchase memory of old orders OR recent orders [last I checked] ... so yes, one has to manually check through the itemized order history list(s) and/or their computers. My purchase decision is if in doubt, don't ... is it a new release? Is it part of a bundle? We just have to find ways to cope 'til everything is working in everybody's best interests.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

If they make some way to more easily search my previously purchased items that would go a long way towards helping.
    I just noticed in my shopping cart that things from plat club have a little PC icon on the bottom left corner of their promo pic in the cart. And I did get the reduction, so at least that part seems to be working.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

I agree wholeheartedly ... and at 10-50 items per page ... still many pages! oh well ...

Glad you're getting the PC prices :-)

edited December 1969

what would also help is if there was the actual name of the file on the product page, then I could really quickly search my puter to see if I had bought and downloaded it.
    Well I just ordered a whole lot of stuff. I'm a poser user, but I thought I would try the genesis in poser again and see if it is any better with Cliff's utility.
    Love esther

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited June 2012

esther said:
    How do I know which things in my cart should be discounted. I have a feeling I am not getting my plat club discounts.

As someone already pointed out, checking PC items are showing at $1.99 you're getting the discount, another way is to go to the store, note the price, log out and check the price, then in again and check the price - you should see the prices increase to full and then drop back down again.

Post edited by DWG on
    edited December 1969

well the process is not as painless as it used to be and never will be again as they never intend to check cart against the old purchases. Also I bought some items yesterday from here, and got the same thing twice accidentally in one purchase - one in a bundle and one separate (I'm asking for my money back on the extra one).
    compared to shopping at rendero, daz has become very much more difficult, and when you add in having to run the installer instead of just dropping the runtime into one's external runtime folder, I feel like I need a secretary to keep up with everything.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

I just spotted another thing in my recent order that is confusing to me.
    13924_UnderwearM5MetaData_1.1_ds.exe - pc
    13924_UnderwearM5MetaData_1.1_ds.zip - mac
    13924_UnderwearM5_1.1_trx.exe - pc
    13924_UnderwearM5_1.1_trx.zip - mac

In the M5 pro bundle I got the above in my downloads email. These are the only underwear folders. Shouldn't their be some other file called DS or DPC or something?
    Some items have these other files and some things don't. I'm so confused.
    Love esther

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Shouldn't their be some other file called DS or DPC or something?
    Some items have these other files and some things don't. I'm so confused.

The DS or DPC indicate DAZ|Studio and Poser installers — all DAZ content for Genesis figures (so far) will only have D|S installers. For Genesis characters and clothes like the M5 underwear, these use the Genesis Tri-Ax weight-mapped technology, hence the TRX in the file names.

Except for the items where the wrong filename tag has been used; there are a few.
    edited December 1969

Okay, so you think I'm not missing anything if it doesn't have a DS file even?
    Guess it is all okay then.
    Love esther

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    well the process is not as painless as it used to be and never will be again as they never intend to check cart against the old purchases.

Where did you get that from? As far as I am aware the check for previous purchases is something they want to add, if they can.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Okay, so you think I'm not missing anything if it doesn't have a DS file even?

If that particular item has a TRX file, then that is the DS file.
    edited December 1969

yes they told me it would be working for future purchases but it will never work for the 1000s of things i bought before the change to their new website.

edited December 1969

esther said:
    yes they told me it would be working for future purchases but it will never work for the 1000s of things i bought before the change to their new website.

That was my understanding from CS also.

edited July 2012

this is driving me bonkers. I just looked at my itemized order history because i want to reset a download because cliff has updated the Cr2 to poser exporter, but I just can't find it. Ithey don't seem to be ordered by date, or alphabetical or numerical and I can't see a way to reorder them as such. How in the world am i going to find it? I have 24 pages (50 items each). I must be missing something obvious but i just can't see what.
    Love esther

Post edited by esther on