Long time lurker, 1st time poster. Here's some renders!

Cherries_0n_TopCherries_0n_Top Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi! I have been lurking the forums for many months now, learning from some of the great techniques out there. This is the first set of renders I am posting. Testing out some distant lighting, shadows and post-processing.

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Very nice for the first set!
    Depending on what you want, you may consider turning down that distant light- it's washing out her hair and face details a bit much (for my preference, but everyone is different.) It really shows up in the second and third render. Also, if you have it at white, perhaps try a dull coral/peach or a gray blue. Love her sultry pose- very nicely done!
    Cathie

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Very nice. Really like those last 2.

• Cherries_0n_TopCherries_0n_Top Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments!

Novica said:
    you may consider turning down that distant light- it's washing out her hair and face details a bit much

I totally agree, I've since turned it down and like the results better.

Here's a couple new renders! Colours!

Norma-sundress-render-test.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Close-Up-Jillian-test.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 934K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

OOOH, very nice! The colors add pizazz. You're really having fun, aren't you?!

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

Absolutely amazing! The detail in the first four renders are incredible. I purchased a product called Fashion Lights which produces some similar effects, but your effects on your renders surpass Fashion Lights, in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking what product did you use to get the glow or hazy effects? I ask because that is the reason I bought Fashion Lights, which is not bad, but after seeing your renders, its like wow!

• Cherries_0n_TopCherries_0n_Top Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jaxprog said:
    Absolutely amazing! The detail in the first four renders are incredible. I purchased a product called Fashion Lights which produces some similar effects, but your effects on your renders surpass Fashion Lights, in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking what product did you use to get the glow or hazy effects? I ask because that is the reason I bought Fashion Lights, which is not bad, but after seeing your renders, its like wow!

Thanks so much for the compliments! Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notification for some reason...

Besides some nice Daz3d lighting, I also ran each of the renders through Photoshop with some purchased photo-filter actions then picked the best! I highly recommend them! Here's a link:

http://graphicriver.net/item/100-photo-styles/96920

Oh, also for the 4th image, I found a lens light bleed image via Google Images and pasted it over top in Photoshop with some opacity options.