Genesis male Anatomical Elements updated

CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
edited June 2018 in Freebies

edited

Post edited by CauriB on

Comments

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

I added metadata to the product. It´s an additional file. No decoding, just unzip it in your content folder. Link is in my signature.

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

I get key 1 file not a matching think i have a different version of genital than what you used the on I have is 502 Mb

edited December 1969

File size is 523.8 kB, last date modified 2012/10/09. I used the newest version to encode the file. Resetting your downloads and upgrading to the newest version should solve your problem.

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

wished there's update notice on that

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this! I recently bought the M5/V5 combo and also Santo International for Genesis. To get Santos' M4 genital textures to work with M5 genitals, I used your product.

I initially had problems with the decoder. It seems that I had installed both M5 genital packages that were on my download page, and one of them is marked 'legacy.' So, I reinstalled the non-legacy package and was then able to extract the files. (As an aside, I installed all three V5 genital packages from my downloads and encountered some strangeness from the installers telling me to uninstall the previous installation. I guess we're just supposed to pick only one? Well, at least V5 seems to work so far...)

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi! I tried this, and it seemed to decode fine, but then when I tried to use the new file, the figure looked like a bunch of square blocs , and it had no texture settings. Do you know what I may have done wrong?

• timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

I wonder if it possible for you to explain the procedure and what tools you used to do that. I would like to learn how to do that my self. Seem like a handy technique to know.
    Thanks.

• render boyrender boy Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

timnaas said:
    I wonder if it possible for you to explain the procedure and what tools you used to do that. I would like to learn how to do that my self. Seem like a handy technique to know.
    Thanks.

I would be interested in it also. Even if it was just a quick overview of the steps you (CauriB) use to do it in Blender.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    My remap was updated:
    -I reworked the remap and the material zone for better compability and less stretching with M4 texture maps ( genital and hip)
    - added M3 UV (genital only)
    - added Hiro 5 UV ( hip only )
    - added some morphs and easy pose controls.
    It´s a complete new product, it won´t overwrite the older version if you want to keep it.
    It´s no longer rtencoded against the installer, the new keyfile is "Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf" that comes with the latest installer so make sure to get the latest version. See the read me included for further instructions. Link to the file is in my signature.
    Have fun, I guess there won´t be an official render thread ;-)....

Sorry but I'm stuck on the decode. The application, rtencoder, is waiting for a key file. I have no idea what to put in there. I read the tutorial you linked and it suggests there should be a key file included in your download but I can't see one.

Step 4 - Select Key Files. If you are decoding an RTE file where key files are needed, you should now see the Select Key Files wizard page. For each key file that is needed, a Browse button will be enabled. Press each Browse button to open a File Open dialog box and locate the needed file. The filename of the needed file is automatically suggested to you as the default filename. When you have selected all the needed key files, press the Next button to continue.

For the record, I'm on a Mac and I'm using Rtencoderpy:

Source: [path to] Male Gen improved.rte
    Key File: ?
    Output File: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Male Genitalia/Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf

Decode is waiting on all files to be specified (Go Button is greyed out).

edited December 1969

marble said:
    CauriB said:
    My remap was updated:
    -I reworked the remap and the material zone for better compability and less stretching with M4 texture maps ( genital and hip)
    - added M3 UV (genital only)
    - added Hiro 5 UV ( hip only )
    - added some morphs and easy pose controls.
    It´s a complete new product, it won´t overwrite the older version if you want to keep it.
    It´s no longer rtencoded against the installer, the new keyfile is "Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf" that comes with the latest installer so make sure to get the latest version. See the read me included for further instructions. Link to the file is in my signature.
    Have fun, I guess there won´t be an official render thread ;-)....

Sorry but I'm stuck on the decode. The application, rtencoder, is waiting for a key file. I have no idea what to put in there. I read the tutorial you linked and it suggests there should be a key file included in your download but I can't see one.

Step 4 - Select Key Files. If you are decoding an RTE file where key files are needed, you should now see the Select Key Files wizard page. For each key file that is needed, a Browse button will be enabled. Press each Browse button to open a File Open dialog box and locate the needed file. The filename of the needed file is automatically suggested to you as the default filename. When you have selected all the needed key files, press the Next button to continue.

For the record, I'm on a Mac and I'm using Rtencoderpy:

Key File: ?
    Output File: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Male Genitalia/Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf

Decode is waiting on all files to be specified (Go Button is greyed out).

The keyfile isn´t included in my download. It´s the proof that you own the original file, that unlocks the encoded rtefile.

Key File: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Male Genitalia/Genesis Male Genitalia.dsf change the dropdown to "all files"
    Output File: [path to] Male Gen improved.zip, unzip into your content directory

edited December 1969

Nope ... that doesn't work on a Mac. There is no option in the dropdown for "All Files". Using the Browse Function in RTEncoderPy takes me to the folder but will not allow me to select anything. It is clearly expecting a file of a certain type which does not exist. I can see the .dsf file there but it is greyed (not selectable). I tried CMD-A - which is the usual way to select all files in a folder but that doesn't work from the Browse function.

Thanks anyway. Clearly the RTEncoder doesn't work very well on a Mac.

edited December 1969

UPDATE:

I finally managed to get my old Windows system up and running and, as luck has it, I still had my DAZ Content folders. So I used the windows version of the RTEncoder and it works fine.

So, Mac users, please note: the OSX version of RTEncoder does not work (at least for this item).

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I've never been able to figure out how to use RTEncoder, as nice as his sounds.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

There is a java version of the decoder...

https://sites.google.com/site/rtejava/downloads

I've never been able to figure out how to use RTEncoder, as nice as his sounds.

You simply run the decoder program and browse to enter the encoded file and the key file, and it decodes it...

edited December 1969

After all that head scratching with RTEncoder, it was all to no avail because, when it came to applying an M4 texture to Genesis Gens, I still ended up with default grey.

Have I missed something? Do I need to apply it in the surfaces tab instead of clicking on the new icon in the Genesis Anatomy folder? I tried it with some of the M4 Elite textures and got nowhere.

On the upside - I do have a fairly old version of the Poison gens (I think it was free at some point) and that takes any M4 texture with no fuss.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2018

... ...

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited June 2018

I have a copy, but can't quite get it attached.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited June 2018
    marble said:

After all that head scratching with RTEncoder, it was all to no avail because, when it came to applying an M4 texture to Genesis Gens, I still ended up with default grey.

Have I missed something? Do I need to apply it in the surfaces tab instead of clicking on the new icon in the Genesis Anatomy folder? I tried it with some of the M4 Elite textures and got nowhere.

On the upside - I do have a fairly old version of the Poison gens (I think it was free at some point) and that takes any M4 texture with no fuss.

A trick I found was to first apply the Materials to the Poison Gens, then copy the surface and paste it into the Gens surface on the updated Genesis Anatomical Elements Gens. Do the same with the Genesis hip texture, then set the UV for the updated Genesis Anatomical Elements Gens to Michael 4. After than just delete the Poison Gens.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

See attached.

zip
    zip
    Male Gen improved.zip