Weird error message. Maybe causing other issues?

solarviewsolarview Posts: 272
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi All,

I've started getting this error message when loading most of my props (hair, clothes, etc).

Any thoughts as to what's going on, or how to fix it??

Thanks

Comments

• solarviewsolarview Posts: 272
    edited June 2012

FYI, the 'Log File' has tons of 'Warnings' no idea what the heck they might mean.

here's a small sample of the very log list of similar warnings.

Screen_Shot_2012-06-27_at_8.11_.04_PM_.png
    930 x 429 - 41K
    Post edited by solarview on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Many items were updated in March and April for this problem, which was not being reported by DS 4.0 but is in DS 4.5. Reset your downloads.

edited December 1969

Many items were updated in March and April for this problem, which was not being reported by DS 4.0 but is in DS 4.5. Reset your downloads.

"reset my downloads" as in, reset at my store account, re-download from store, and reinstall all my files???

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I also uninstalled my old sets also before I re-installed, just to be safe. But yes that is what you need to do. Resest, Download and re-Install.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Sol765 :)

Go to "My Account" (at the top of the page) , then look down the list on the left and you'll see "Itemised Order History"
    this is a list of all your store purchases,.. If you look through that list,. there is a "Reset" option on the right of each product.

Hit the reset button, and you're good to download the most recent version of that product.

Hope it helps :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

If you are on limited bandwidth I do have a script to fix the Duplicate IDs issue, see the index of free scripts in my signature below.

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Sol765 :)

Go to "My Account" (at the top of the page) , then look down the list on the left and you'll see "Itemized Order History"
    this is a list of all your store purchases,.. If you look through that list,. there is a "Reset" option on the right of each product.

Hit the reset button, and you're good to download the most recent version of that product.

Hope it helps :)

LOL!! Yeah, I know how it works.
    I was just choking on the idea of re-downloading a hundred or so DAZ store add-ons to elimate that little error box. We're kidding here, Right?!??

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Sorry Sol765 :)

See Richards post,.. download that script he made, that will sort out your Duplicate ID issues without downloading the updated product versions.
    Anything you get the Duplicate ID with,.. run the script on it. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Anything you get the Duplicate ID with,.. run the script on it. :)

Actually, there are a few things that it won't work on - but you can always reset those without having to download everything. I would recommend trying to get the real updates as you can, some of them fix other issues too and it's as well to have the real item if possible, but the script will reduce the urgency at least.

edited December 1969

I'm with Richard, get the updates. You never know what else was fixed besides just this issue.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm with Richard, get the updates. You never know what else was fixed besides just this issue.

Yeah, that's what I've already started doing.

Was hoping that might help the 'exploding' characters issue, re-installing the latest, greatest of everything. But it's still going on with some of the files. :(

edited December 1969

Is the Exploding thread in Nut's & Bolts yours? I never noticed who started that one.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Is the Exploding thread in Nut's & Bolts yours? I never noticed who started that one.

No, not my thread. I did post a work-around last night to this thread here. Not sure if it's the one you're thinking of.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2786/

edited December 1969

That's the one. I still use DS4Pro so I have not hit a exploding Genesis to this point.

• aby8grimwaresaby8grimwares Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm having a similar problem, but had already decided to uninstall reinstall just the dl's receiving the notice. not so intimidating.