New Freebie - MrSparkys - MadMachine - ToastEVac

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

During our recent hot spell I noticed our vacum cleaner was struggling in the heat. Much like everything else British, which isn't used to anything but rain, the hoover was huffing, puffing and getting rather hot. Which got me thinking...:)

What if there was a way of re-using the excess heat from the cleaner to do something usefull.
The solution... the Mark 1 ToastEVac!

This semi autonmous robot is powered by a rear solar panel, which also doubles up as a handy condiment tray for your marmalade, jam, (marmite style jar included in this freebie) or other favourite spread.

With an in built crumb detector in the cleaning head, it patrols your house looking for dirt. As it toodles around powered by a small electric motor, any heat created is saved in the T.C.S - Thermal Conductive Store.

When activated by voice control, or the free android/iphone app, the T.C.S. starts to toast the bread and speeds to deliver it to you, so you always get delicious hot toast straight to you within seconds. Best of all it hoovers up the crumbs after you've eaten your toast, so theres no mess at all!

The app or side controls on the unit allows to select the following...

1. Browning level dial
2. Activate in the in built butter spray.
3. Emergency Toast release.

To ensure that dirt and dust from the cleaning section doesn't taint your toast.

Two methods are used....

1. On the rear of the unit theres a filtered dual exhaust and air-intake.
2. The ToastEVac contains a one way membrane. This membrane allows dust free hot air to travel up from the base to heat the toast. plus it acts as a crumb tray as well as stopping crumbs from entering the base. While non removable on the 3d model, on the real ToastEVac this can be slide out for easy cleaning.

Note the render here was done using Reality. The freebie only contains .JPG textures to ensure full compatibility with poser, studio, vue and other apps. To get the same shiny look you'll need to replace all the maps (bar the yeast jar label and pipe textures with app specific shaders. Then render using something like a Poser IDL/IBL light set.

Download from - http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm - roughly 900K

Comments

• edited December 1969

I think the heat has affected more than your vacuum cleaner. This is too funny. Thank you not only for the freebie but a great giggle to start the day!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Cute. Is it perhaps called K8?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you especially for the "Emergency Toast release" - in this heat you never know ...
    And thank you for the laughter!

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

think the heat has affected more than your vacuum cleaner...
    I'm British - we're allegeric to warm weather. It makes people do really wierd things like have BBQ's and talk to the neighbours :)

Cute. Is it perhaps called K8?
    Thank you especially for the “Emergency Toast release” - in this heat you never know ...

LOL! :)

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    think the heat has affected more than your vacuum cleaner...
    I'm British - we're allergic to warm weather. It makes people do really weird things like have BBQ's and talk to the neighbours

Being British I figured you would pipe the heat into a kettle so the tea would be ready when the vacuuming was over!

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:

I'm British - we're allegeric to warm weather. It makes people do really wierd things like have BBQ's and talk to the neighbours :)

I'm British too, but doesn't it have to reach at least 120F before we talk to the neighbours?! :ohh:

Thank you for such a brilliant invention and such a good laugh to start the day. :lol:

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Being British I figured you would pipe the heat into a kettle so the tea
    would be ready when the vacuuming was over!

Dash no. One has servants for that :)

I’m British too, but doesn’t it have to reach at least 120F before we talk to the neighbours?

Indeed yes. Anything lower and running them to hounds would be socially acceptable :)

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    Being British I figured you would pipe the heat into a kettle so the tea
    would be ready when the vacuuming was over!

Dash no. One has servants for that :)

Indeed yes. Anything lower and running them to hounds would be socially acceptable :)

What a relief!! :)

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

This is just crazy enough to work.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited July 2013

I guess that dirt in the rug is toast, eh?

Post edited by Elowan on