Timetable of the General Release of DAZ Studio 4.5?

Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm sitting here, waiting, waiting for the General Release of DAZ Studio. I really want to use Genesis, and all the cool stuff. But I absolutely loath crashes, bugs, and I am no expert on bug-fixes. So I play it cool. Have a workstation with DS3A on it, and that's my (as of this time) preferred application to work in and render stuff.

So, the speculation. When will it be released? I am sure that DAZ3D will open with a big bang festival when they release DS4.5GR. The current timetable, and excuse me for not pinpointing exact dates correctly... But RC1 was released before May 29'nth. And RC2 was announced by DAZ3D at June 11. Around 5 weeks between the releases? Looking at the changelog, it impressed me how much work they were doing with all the increments. So, if the current projections holds true - which it might not... Then it would be 5 weeks after June 11, around July 16'nth??????

Speculation, speculation, speculation.

The one thing that might throw off the date would be the summer vacation. In general, here in Norway, it starts around this time and ends in August. Not sure how it's in the US, if the programmers in Draper, Utah are allowed vacation, haha! :lol:

Sorry, shouldn't laugh to much about it. I'm not any pointed-hair boss. Well, allowing some time for them to cool off and recuperate, as they do deserve! Then I think the General Release might be launched like a Saturn V, in August.

As they say in the game developer community, "It'll be released when it's done" (not that I'm a game developer, don't get me wrong!)

So I'll end this post with a succinct quote:

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between the company and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, the company does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as the company will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

"Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

I hope I'll live to see the release of the Soon'ish release of the General Candidate of DAZ Studio 4.5. :)

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

it will be out after Bryce 8 :ohh:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I may be wrong but I do belive DS4 is getting updates FASTER than DS3 did. If I'm right that must mean they are working very hard to get the FULL release done. I, like you, wish for a full release so that my plugins from DS4 and DS3 can be updated to the final version. I need my plugins to speed up my use of the program.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I may be wrong but I do belive DS4 is getting updates FASTER than DS3 did. If I'm right that must mean they are working very hard to get the FULL release done. I, like you, wish for a full release so that my plugins from DS4 and DS3 can be updated to the final version. I need my plugins to speed up my use of the program.

no about the same - 1000 here you come :roll:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Jaderail said:

no about the same - 1000 here you come :roll:If you are a PC member bigh check the The Little Green Box Collection Thread to see what was in the Power Member box. %-P Yes I yak way to much.