DAZ V4/M4 Skeleton, Transparency & Conform To Genesis 1

buck415buck415 Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Products:
DS4.6 Pro
V4/M4 Skeleton (obviously because of the subject title)

Hi everyone.

The V4/M4 DAZ Skeleton comes with preset transparency poses of 25%, 50% & 75% settings to apply to M4 or V4.

I've been perusing through the Surfaces tab, and am not quite certain what adjustments to make to manually create a transparency. Opacity Strength seems to adjust the transparency, but I am wondering if there are other controls used in combination with it to create the transparency? Or is it as easy as adjusting the Opacity Strength?

Also, is there a way to conform Genesis to the Skeleton? The Conform Pose controls work great with the original M4/V4, but I'd like to use Genesis and if one can be made to conform to the other, then that results in much less effort on my part.

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Opacity and Transparency are one and the same. The only way of controlling Opacity is via the slider in the Surfaces pane. It does not require a special texture, it can be done with any texture which has been applied.

I don't have the M4 skeleton, but I do have the M3 conforming skeleton. I loaded Genesis, then loaded the M3 skeleton, and Autofit popped up. I selected M3 as the supported figure, and bodysuit as the type, and the skeleton disappeared. I reduced the Opacity on the genesis figure and I can now see the skeleton through Genesis. You should be able to do the same with the M4/V4 version I think.

Untitled-1.jpg
    700 x 788 - 214K
  • buck415buck415 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

I'm guilty of not thinking outside of the "mesh", and applying what superficial information I know about Genesis to the old rules. If I recall correctly, the original rules of the skeleton were to add the skeleton first, then add M4/V4, then conform the figure to the skeleton.

The process you provided worked perfectly, thank you very much.

:-)

edited December 1969

Glad it works, and I'm glad you brought it up.

I might even use it now.

edited December 1969

I'm afraid I spoke too soon as I neglected to inspect the skeleton once it was inside the figure... the technique fit the skeleton within the figure, but severely distorted the skeleton. When I attempted the same process to fit the figure to the skeleton, then the head was bowed downward.

But thank you, anyways, because it was a very good idea.

edited December 1969

It seems to work perfectly with the M3 skeleton on Genesis. I tried several genesis standard poses and it looks OK to me.

You could maybe pick up the M3 skeleton cheaply if it is still around? It's a pity the M4 one doesn't work, sorry.

Untitled-1.jpg
    530 x 676 - 157K
    edited December 1969

You've been very helpful, thank you very much.

edited December 1969

You are welcome!