Stronghands freestuffs

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited June 2013

Being the busy (and lazy) sort that I am, I do like the idea of ready-made items... but I also know that I'll learn more from do-it-yourself resources.

And those fishnet stockings look sexy...

Post edited by robkelk on
  • amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Ok, I was looking through my freebies at ScarCG and noticed that I have a total of 13. That's just not acceptable! 12, or 14 would be fine, but not 13.

So, I thought about making some stocking/hosiery textures for your (and mine) gen3 characters. Maybe MAT poses for V3, A3, and Laura. Ideas? Should I make whole body textures, or maybe just offer the transparency layers so you can make your own? Any ideas are appreciated.

Anyway, here is Spring showing off a couple ideas....

Nice stocking/hosiery textures! I'm also thinking of making stocking after the 3 pieces of footwear for A3, but I cannot decide which way to go: make it as a model or make it as a texture. I wonder which one is the norm.

Since you decided to make it as a texture, I would like to give you my idea about that. I think transparency layers are good. In addition, a toes cap like the one Antonia has will be nice because it is not easy to morph Aiko 3's toes to make them look like they are in stocking.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

amy_aimei said:
    Ok, I was looking through my freebies at ScarCG and noticed that I have a total of 13. That's just not acceptable! 12, or 14 would be fine, but not 13.

So, I thought about making some stocking/hosiery textures for your (and mine) gen3 characters. Maybe MAT poses for V3, A3, and Laura. Ideas? Should I make whole body textures, or maybe just offer the transparency layers so you can make your own? Any ideas are appreciated.

Anyway, here is Spring showing off a couple ideas....

Nice stocking/hosiery textures! I'm also thinking of making stocking after the 3 pieces of footwear for A3, but I cannot decide which way to go: make it as a model or make it as a texture. I wonder which one is the norm.

Since you decided to make it as a texture, I would like to give you my idea about that. I think transparency layers are good. In addition, a toes cap like the one Antonia has will be nice because it is not easy to morph Aiko 3's toes to make them look like they are in stocking.

AActually, there is a sock toe morph for Aiko3.
    And a stocking textures might be good because sometimes some clothes is 'one size only' type things, and it can be tricky, especially if one's character is not the default shape.

Can't wait to see what ya got next. :)

• stronghandsstronghands Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

Thank you all so much for the input!

robkelk said:
    Being the busy (ad lazy) sort that I am, I do like the idea of ready-made items... but I also know that I'll learn more from do-it-yourself resources.

I'm glad you like what I have so far. Drawing that line down the back of her leg and getting it to look halfway decent took forever. LOL I still need to pretty that up a little....

I'm thinking I'll do both, make MAT poses as well as include transparency layers. So, since you love A3, I'll ask which of my girl's textures your prefer to use and I'll take them into consideration.

amy_aimei said:

Thank you Amy. If you made some stockings I know I'd find a way to use them. :) I like both ways actually, models and textures, with models preferred. It's just when I'm using custom morphs that it's hard to make them fit, then they don't look right. That's when I switch to a texture stocking.

I also considered including a toe cap but I can't model well, so....we'll see.

And a stocking textures might be good because sometimes some clothes is 'one size only' type things, and it can be tricky, especially if one's character is not the default shape.

I've used her sock-toe morph, and have even 'stolen' it and added it to a Laura .cr2 and used it with her as well, with limited success. However, I'd like to have something that people who only have Aiko's LE version can still use. I may try my hand at making that toe cap...

As for what comes next...I think I'm running out of ideas for character morphs, so I may have to suck it up and learn to model. ugh....

Either way, I appreciate everyone's support, and I know I'll keep finding ways to try to enhance a really great model.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Being the busy (and lazy) sort that I am, I do like the idea of ready-made items... but I also know that I'll learn more from do-it-yourself resources.

I'm glad you like what I have so far. Drawing that line down the back of her leg and getting it to look halfway decent took forever. LOL I still need to pretty that up a little....

I'm thinking I'll do both, make MAT poses as well as include transparency layers. So, since you love A3, I'll ask which of my girl's textures your prefer to use and I'll take them into consideration.
    Oh, don't cater just to me...

When I don't use her "straight out of the box", I often apply Rani. Autumn is starting to show up more often, too, but you've already given her fishnets...

edited December 1969

The sock toe morph for Aiko3 cannot achieve the effect that shown in the picture I attached. That's why I'm thinking of having a toes cap.

Thank you Amy. If you made some stockings I know I'd find a way to use them. :) I like both ways actually, models and textures, with models preferred. It's just when I'm using custom morphs that it's hard to make them fit, then they don't look right. That's when I switch to a texture stocking.

I also considered including a toe cap but I can't model well, so....we'll see.

Actually, I'm thinking of a hybrid solution where transparency layers will be used except for the toes; the toes cap model covers the toes with the matching transparency layers to create the effect that shown in the picture I attached.

As you said, the full stockings model has its disadvantages. I made an experiment version (see attachment), then I realized I have to redo all my footwear to accommodate the thickness of the stockings.

stockingstest.jpg
    427 x 485 - 34K
    stockingtoes.jpg
    518 x 446 - 63K
    edited December 1969

amy_aimei said:

Actually, I'm thinking of a hybrid solution where transparency layers will be used except for the toes; the toes cap model covers the toes with the matching transparency layers to create the effect that shown in the picture I attached.

As you said, the full stockings model has its disadvantages. I made an experiment version (see attachment), then I realized I have to redo all my footwear to accommodate the thickness of the stockings.

That's what I had in mind as well, a texture combined with a toe cap, provided I can make it work.

That experimental stocking looks pretty nice Amy. What model is that for? As for the thickness problem, I have run into that with almost every stocking model I've used. I just apply a few D-forms to make everything fit.

edited December 1969

Ok, apparently I'm way too easily distrac....Hey look! A squirrel!....ummmmm too easily distracted.

I was playing with textures and realized that even though my girls come in several different skin tones I don't have a character that is dark (African American?). Well, since I pride myself on being an equal opportunity character maker I decided to try to alleviate that problem. So, I set to work in GIMP and this is what I have arrived at so far, being modeled by Jaya for L3

I'd really appreciate some input, and if anyone wants to play with what I have so far I'm willing to put a little package together for that purpose.

Also, suggestions for names would be nice.

Dark_01.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 842K
    edited December 1969

No moles? No dimples? No blemishes at all?

I know some people like that effect, but I think she looks too perfect...

edited December 1969

That experimental stocking looks pretty nice Amy. What model is that for?

Thank you. The first image is Genesis with my morph and less likely to be released because it is too specific to my morph and many adjustments need to be made. The second image is Aiko 3. If I can get it to work properly with Aiko 3, I will release it.
    edited December 1969

Excellent point Rob. Maybe I can give her some stretch marks or something. Of course, that's asking me to get creative, and it doesn't come easily to me.

Amy, I do sincerely hope you can get the A3 stocking to work properly.

I realized in a hurry that it's very easy to make a dark skin texture too dark, so I lightened it up a little. Heck, if I keep after this I'll have to make another morph to match.

062.jpg
    1500 x 1875 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Amy, I do sincerely hope you can get the A3 stocking to work properly.

While I'm working on the poke through issue of the A3 stocking, I got distracted by the new Genesis 2 Female figure.
    My morph for Genesis 2 Female (WIP)...

AmyAiMeiGenesis2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 141K
    edited December 1969

Wow Amy! You make me want to get Genesis2 just so I can use that morph.

And now we have Irresistible A3_2. A set of six poses for A3. Three standing and three lying down poses. Enjoy!

poses_2_promo.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 731K
    edited December 1969

Finally, the stockings for Aiko 3 is done. It will be nice if someone can make a better texture.

@stronghands07, you may want to try it. I tried to minimize the number of seams.

It can be downloaded at
    http://amyaimei.deviantart.com/art/Stockings-01-for-Aiko-3-or-Aiko-3LE-383253961
    or
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70252/browse/11/Poser/Stockings-01-for-Aiko-3-or-Aiko-3LE

I'm working on my morph for Genesis 2 Female. I'll get back to Aiko 3 later.

A3Stockings01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 124K
    edited December 1969

amy_aimei said:
    Finally, the stockings for Aiko 3 is done. It will be nice if someone can make a better texture.

@stronghands07, you may want to try it. I tried to minimize the number of seams.

I love these Amy! I'll try playing with textures for them too.

Here they are on another character I'm working in. Calling her Jasmine.

Jasmine_01a.jpg
    1500 x 1875 - 2M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

amy_aimei said:

That could be confusing as there is already a figure called Jasmin in the DAZ 3D store.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

That could be confusing as there is already a figure called Jasmin in the DAZ 3D store.

Oh, thank you so much for the heads-up. I'll come up with another name then.

edited December 1969

Looking forward to see your new character.

It is up to you. In fact, there are more than Jasmin for Aiko 3 already. Should we care? There are more than one Amy too. I have a friend named Amy too. At her wedding, I was her bridesmaid. We tried to confuse the groom. LOL

edited December 1969

amy_aimei said:
    chohole said:

It is up to you. In fact, there are more than Jasmin for Aiko 3 already. Should we care? There are more than one Amy too. I have a friend named Amy too. At her wedding, I was her bridesmaid. We tried to confuse the groom. LOL
    Did it work?

(Or, perhaps, did he end up taking both of you on the honeymoon? )

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Did it work?

(Or, perhaps, did he end up taking both of you on the honeymoon? )

Not really. Just got some of the guests confused, and a lot of fun during the games we played with the couple.
    edited December 1969

Since it's only been about 7 or 8 months since I last posted here I suppose a little update may be in order.

Life has a way of dragging one away from 3D at times, and so my projects have suffered. I still want to make some textures for amy_aimei 's stockings for A3, and the latest character I was working on is....still there.

However, I recently saw a render of a G2F character, and was smitten. I hadn't been paying attention to the Genesis and Genesis 2 models, mainly because I was digging my heels in the dirt and refusing to learn DS4.5. Well, that's over. Yeah, it runs a bit slower on my machine but I always knew that sooner or later I would have to make the switch. So I installed Studio4.6 and went on a freebie search. I'm quickly falling in love with the Genesis 2 models, and the versatility she (they) offer. However, there just aren't a lot of free pose sets available, at least that I could find. So...I have decided to try to offer my A3 Irresistible pose sets for G2F They won't be perfect matches, but at least it will offer a bit of variety.

I've only just started on this, so it may be a few days or even a week or two before I'm finished. Here's pose number 1, and yes...that's the ISOP Maid Dress for A3 that she's wearing.

Oh, this is also my very first ever render with Studio 4.6

pose_01.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,298
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to the G2 versions, I remember the original set and still use it for A3.

edited December 1969

I think A6 will come soon. I've found that Genesis 2 Female loads faster than Aiko 3 in DAZ Studio 4.6. My laptop is not a very powerful computer. Looking forward to see your freebies for G2F.

edited December 1969

@ FaerylWomyn: I'm glad the poses are being used. Thanks!

@ amy_aimei: That's interesting. I haven't even tried loading A3 yet, I'm still getting used to the Genesis 2 Female.

Here you have it, my first upload for G2F. 12 poses for the Genesis 2 Female

These poses are similar to, but not exact copies of, the poses in my A3 Irresistible set. The first pose is using heels, because, well, she's grabbing her heel. It would be a bit pointless to have her barefoot. The rest of the poses are with her standing barefoot on the ground.

I hope you can get some use out of these. If there are any problems, please, please please, let me know. This is my first try at making something for Studio 4.6

Irresistible_1_preview.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 161K
    edited December 1969

I just tried your poses with my morphed Genesis 2 Female. These poses work very well even my morph has different body scale and the joint position than the Genesis 2 Female. Here is the sample of Pose 01 that you didn't show in the preview picture. My character is wearing EvilInnocence's Floral Sundress (free). I adjusted it to fit my character.

Pose01.png
    1024 x 768 - 221K
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the evaluation Amy. I was unsure if I had everything checked and unchecked properly to make them work without affecting morphs.

She looks good in that dress too. You morph was the first that I added when I tried Genesis 2 Female. I wish I could model, I'm unsure how D-forms will work on G2F, and I believe that sculpting a morph and using morphloader is a better way to go anyway.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the evaluation Amy. I was unsure if I had everything checked and unchecked properly to make them work without affecting morphs.

She looks good in that dress too. You morph was the first that I added when I tried Genesis 2 Female. I wish I could model, I'm unsure how D-forms will work on G2F, and I believe that sculpting a morph and using morphloader is a better way to go anyway.

Thank you for trying my morph. I'm using the sculpting tools in Blender to make morph. The D-forms seems to apply to the whole figure for G2F or other weight-mapped figures.

edited February 2014

It's a nice character that you have, Amy.

I've been playing a bit with morphs, and have discovered that in order to make the adjustments I want I will be forced to learn to use a modelling program. In the mean time, I have completed another set of poses.

G2F Irresistible poses 2 is available now. 8 poses in this set.

Irresistible_2_preview.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 139K
    Post edited by stronghands on
    edited December 1969

I've been experimenting with character creation for G2F, and am curious if anyone would be interested in a head and body morph. For now, I'm calling her Shelby. When creating the morph I had in mind an elven maiden, so she has ear an morph too.

The first render is my Shelby morph on the left, and the stock Genesis 2 Female on the right for comparison. The other renders are just different poses so you can get an idea what she looks like. I'm open for suggestions.

Shelby_2.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 177K
    Shelby_1.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 166K
    Comparison_1.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 387K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the poses. Always interested in new characters.