Where is Genesis 2?

stevem404stevem404 Posts: 46
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I see there is a new version of Genesis available, except when I search for Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials there is no such product. How do I get to the new version?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Go to your My Account area, and select Product Library, you will find it there.

It has been added to everyones account, it is called Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials.

• stevem404stevem404 Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the prompt answer, downloading now.

Did I miss a memo? Why did it not show up in DIM?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

stevem404 said:
    Thank you for the prompt answer, downloading now.

Did I miss a memo? Why did it not show up in DIM?

Strange, it should appear in DIM as well. Are you using the latest version of DIM (1.0.1.75)?

edited December 1969

Yes, I have that version installed.

However, there is a lot of stuff in the ready to download list that I've previously installed before using DIM. So it could have been lost in there.

edited December 1969

There is a filter at the top of the Ready to Download tab called 'Display Hidden'

Select the files that you don;t want to appear, and then check that box, and they will be hidden. You can always view them again at any time by unticking the box.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I know the button but it is my intention to re-install them through DIM as I can find things more easily when they are installed that way.

While we are on the subject; every product comes with Poser files which I don't think I need. Should I install all files? Or can I ignore those that are for Poser? And how can I identify which are needed for Daz?

edited December 1969

Some Poser files are needed, for example, all Generation 4 figures are Poser content.

The best way is to use the filter in DIM (gear icon), and select the options you neeed by checking them.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,388
    edited June 2013

Click on teh cog wheel in the upper right corner and select the downloads tab. You can pick and choose what you want DIM to show in there. But, it I am correct, if you uncheck the Poser files so they don't show you will lose all the packs that are tagged DS and Poser.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks again for the advice, I'll try filtering next time I use it and see what comes up.

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

How are you supposed to tell the diference beween genesis 1 and 2 . are they supposed to both be there or does 2 just replace 1. and if so how do you tell that it has been replaced?

edited December 1969

Genesis and Genesis 2, are two completely different figures, and one does not replace the other.

To get Genesis 2, you need to go to My Account > Product Library, and look for Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, and download and install that file, or use the DIM.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

How are you supposed to tell the diference beween genesis 1 and 2 . are they supposed to both be there or does 2 just replace 1. and if so how do you tell that it has been replaced?

Genesis 2 works a little differently to Genesis 1 but doesn't replace it, so you can use both. Genesis 2 is designed to be a female only figure with some mesh improvements to that end and more articulation, particularly in the feet and face. Genesis 1 items work on Genesis 2 to some degree, with skirts and shoes still being amongst the items which have the biggest margin for error.

There will be a Genesis 2 Male coming out at some point in the future, but no word on when yet or even how far development is on it. The only caveat is there's currently no child morph bundled with Genesis 2, so whether that will be along later or provided as a third character in the Genesis 2 series remains to be seen.

edited December 1969

Genesis and Genesis 2, are two completely different figures, and one does not replace the other.

To get Genesis 2, you need to go to My Account > Product Library, and look for Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, and download and install that file, or use the DIM.

Thanks JimmyC

I used the DIM but I cant see a Genesis 2 when I look in daz studio.

edited December 1969

You will find it easily enough in the Content Library pane, under DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis 2.

It appears in Smart Content as well, but it is harder to find It is in Default > Figures > Female, and then you have to double click on the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials icon to see the contents of it.

Hope that helps

edited December 1969

You will find it easily enough in the Content Library pane, under DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis 2.

It appears in Smart Content as well, but it is harder to find It is in Default > Figures > Female, and then you have to double click on the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials icon to see the contents of it.

Hope that helps

oh dear

What WERE they thinking!!!

They take us through this massive change and make us learn to use Smart content. Then they stop using it themselves :O

oh dear, where does this new approach leave us now I wonder.

Thanks to everyone for you kind help in showing me how to find the stuff.

• Trake118Trake118 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Go to your My Account area, and select Product Library, you will find it there.

It has been added to everyones account, it is called Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials.

I know your comment wasn't directed at me, but I wanted to comment and say thanks because your comment helped me. I had no idea that was there.

edited December 1969

Glad it was helpful!

Those of us who hang around the forums, generally get to know things first, and we try to help out.

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

YAY! I've been bugging about this as well. Downloading now. I'm holding out on buying V6 (Been using Daz for under a year now and started with G,V5, M5 I'm just not ready to put MORE cash out into a new fig set until there is more content and I see for myself that it is wayy better, might just go from 5 to 7 when that comes out *wink*)