mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
edited May 2013 in Freebies

download here
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjcolormyworld

───────────────────────────────────
History:
May 2nd 2013 added Ambient Color option
April 14th 2012 corrected issue: script was trying to color more nodes than were in the selection list
April 13th 2012 release

NEW in this version, colorize the Ambient Color channel as well

while developing mcjPrimMaker i also quickly wrote a script to apply random colors to those primitives, and i'm giving it to you Smile

this easy:
Select one or many nodes in your scene
Click on the browse button and select an image on your hard disk
Click the "ColorMyWorld" Button

Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2013

new in this version -- Ambient color channel colorization

( was added for the needs of mcjJet for lighted billboards )

coloriz.jpg
    600 x 400 - 30K
    litebrite.jpg
    827 x 827 - 60K
  • MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited September 2016

Just discovered this script. Exactly what I wanted! Works with iRay too! Yeeeepeeee

Some 'Curious Tea' cupcake & cookies gif render just for Jacques!

Post edited by Mythmaker on
    edited September 2016

Thanks, note that with matAnim you can turn on animatability of the color channels of a surface

( i'll test it to see if that's still true )

though with Daz Studio 4, the material animations are lost when you exit Daz Studio they dont seem to be saved with the scene files

so there's uhhh matAnimSave for that purpose https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjanimatsave

Mythmaker said:

Just discovered this script. Exactly what I wanted! Works with iRay too! Yeeeepeeee

Some 'Curious Tea' cupcake & cookies gif render just for Jacques!

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited September 2016

Thanks MCasual I have both matAnm and matanimsave and they work nicely in 4.9 and make my anim life so much more exciting!

I haven't tried the material anim with mcjpropagate yet but I will soon. That one is so full of potential!

I added the above cupcake video to Youtube so people looking for random color in DS could find them easier... smiley

Post edited by Mythmaker on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Hi MCasual, I was wondering if you had plans for matAnim to include the new dForce surface properties?  I was thinking it could be useful to increase the expansion ratio of an object to give it a little "inflation" at the end of the simulation (after it is constrained by another object, that is).

edited May 2018

maybe you could use mcjElevate, use a fully-White image as the elevation Map 

this has the effect of adding a morph that expands the object along the facet normals

by painting parts of that image in black you can exclude part of the garment from expansion

see below the pumpkin orange material being expanded

3dOutlaw said:

Hi MCasual, I was wondering if you had plans for matAnim to include the new dForce surface properties?  I was thinking it could be useful to increase the expansion ratio of an object to give it a little "inflation" at the end of the simulation (after it is constrained by another object, that is).

amplum fairies.jpg
    800 x 800 - 123K
    plum fairies2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 367K

That may work, if it is a morph, I can dial it in near the end, and the dynamics should respect it still.  I'll post back after a test!  Thanks for the idea!

edited May 2018

Your script worked great, thanks!  Unfortunately, it seems that I can't animate something if it is running a dForce modifier.  I earlier tried to animate the translation of it, but that did not work either.  I was hoping surfaces or morphs would.  Oh well, so even if matAnim affected those surfaces properties, I could not animate them either.  

Here is what I was working on:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3647196/#Comment_3647196

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

i did not try dForce yet actually ( yes that's odd )  but with the old Cloth Sim panel in Daz Studio there was a function accessible using t he right-top button menu of the panel to "freeze" the simulation

without this, indeed, just touching a transclate/scale etc button destroyed the animation

that's different, that's dynamics using my mcjElasticSim script 

3dOutlaw said:

Your script worked great, thanks!  Unfortunately, it seems that I can't animate something if it is running a dForce modifier.  I earlier tried to animate the translation of it, but that did not work either.  I was hoping surfaces or morphs would.  Oh well, so even if matAnim affected those surfaces properties, I could not animate them either.  

Here is what I was working on:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3647196/#Comment_3647196

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,867
    mCasual said:

i did not try dForce yet actually ( yes that's odd )  but with the old Cloth Sim panel in Daz Studio there was a function accessible using t he right-top button menu of the panel to "freeze" the simulation

without this, indeed, just touching a transclate/scale etc button destroyed the animation

dForce does not drop the simulated state if the figure or garment is adjusted - only a new sim or using the Clear command will remove it. There is still a Freeze command so that a different item can be simmed.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

wheres the freeze command pls ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,867
    Ruphuss said:

wheres the freeze command pls ?

In the Parameters pane, under General>Simulation, with the object selected.