how do it put a jpeg image ono a geometry plane ?

sirpker7sirpker7 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

im trying to work on a logo for my friends gaming clan and he wants his logo to rotate so im trying to figure out how to add a jpeg image to a geometry plane

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

Add it to the diffuse channel in the surface tab

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

sirpker7 said:
    im trying to work on a logo for my friends gaming clan and he wants his logo to rotate so im trying to figure out how to add a jpeg image to a geometry plane

under surfaces - diffuse color

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

select the surface of the geometry plane.
    Tools>Surface Selection, RMB on the surface

Go to your surfaces tab
    If it's not on the screen: Window>Panes>Surfaces
    Select the details tab before the diffuse color, click browse, browse to your image.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Adding an image to a surface is very simple. To get it looking good requires a bit more work! Getting it the image to rotate might need you to look at some the animation scripts mjcCasual has produced. If it's 'just' the plane you want to rotate then the usual animation tools should handle that for you.
    Back to getting the image on ... first off, you'll need your jpeg image. Then you'll need the surface. If you're creating something from scratch just create a DAZ primitive plane. By default that will add as a square but you can scale X and Z scales to change the shape to rectangular (you'll want the same ratio as your image). In the Surfaces tab, with the plane selected, click on the little square to the left of Diffuse Color and then choose Browse from the menu that appears. Browse to where you saved your jpeg and select it.
    And that is the basics. I've just done exactly this for my latest 2 renders on deviantART to create a couple of notes/flyers.