time frame on 4.5rc2

NeilrNeilr Posts: 69
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I loaded up the new Release candidate and so far I like it allot. But I am also into using the Reality pluggin so I must roll back to the old version of Studio or just not use reality. Has there been any news on when they may make 4.5rc2 able to run the pluggins?

Comments

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Paolo has stated that he will update Reality when DS 4.5 becomes an official release and is out of "Beta". So it all depends on DAZ. :)

I'm in the same boat as you, mean while i take this as an opportunity(?) to explore the 3Delight render engine in DS :cheese:.

Let's hope it comes, euhm.... S**n :roll:.

Grtz Jean-Claude

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Dunno about a time frame, but you can keep track of current releases by visiting the documentation page for DS4 at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/start

If you look down at the bottom, there's an "old revisions" link and you can see just how many times it's been updated to reflect new beta versions. They are clearly churning them out trying to get to the next full release.

• NeilrNeilr Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link, and I know that they don't like to give out estimates because to many take that as a promise and give grief if the schedule changes. It would be nice if they could tell Paolo that it was fairly safe to update reality so we could see how well it works in the 4.5...:-) ....ok back to reality......

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

Hello.

I have Reality 2.5, compatible with Studio 4.5, ready. The problem is that, until Studio becomes official I can't release it because 2.5 cannot run inside the official version of Studio, version 4.0.

This is one of the many problems about releasing public betas, they mess things up, especially when there is no backward or forward compatibility for plug-ins.

Rest assured, though, that Reality 2.5 will be out as soon as Studio 4.5 is officially released. I probably don't need to say this, but, anyway, it will be a free update :)

Cheers.