PHOTOSHOP BRIDGE

stonehandstonehand Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i whish daz would do a bride to some other picture editing prog other that Photoshop it costs and arm and a leg in Australia $2000 cant see why but we do get ripped off all the time. and there others that are a lot cheaper one for gimp would be even better....

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Then you need to tell the Makers of GIMP to write a Bridge plugin. Adobe wrote the one sold here at Daz for PS. Daz3D does not write the Third party plugins, the program owners do. That gives them Extra users and income.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,208
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure that's right - as far as I know both the GoZ and 3D Bridge plugins were written by DAZ, using the SDKs issued by Pixologic and Adobe respectively. But there are a lot of potential applications that could be bridged to, and also there's the question of how much gain there would be over simple image export (PS has 3D tools in its extended version, I don't believe the GIMP does).

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure that's right - as far as I know both the GoZ and 3D Bridge plugins were written by DAZ, using the SDKs issued by Pixologic and Adobe respectively. But there are a lot of potential applications that could be bridged to, and also there's the question of how much gain there would be over simple image export (PS has 3D tools in its extended version, I don't believe the GIMP does).
    Ah, Thank you Richard. I was under the impression that Plugins were handled a different way.
  • bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
    edited December 1969

I'd like like to see this also. I understand that Gimp won't do the 3D modeling, but something to streamline the process would be nice. Like other I've tried to suggest this, but it seems to meet with nothing but skepticism and the occasional snide comment.
    See also:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22377/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18806/

• WallytheartistWallytheartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does this stuff work with windows 8 64 bit.. Installer for 32bit seems not want to install when on the main product page it says it only supports photoshop 64 bit.. so odd....

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

wallase said:
    Does this stuff work with windows 8 64 bit.. Installer for 32bit seems not want to install when on the main product page it says it only supports photoshop 64 bit.. so odd....

The bit-depth of DS, Photoshop, and the 3D Bridge all have to match.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

wallase said:

64bit bridge is for DS and PS 64bit... 32bit bridge is for DS and PS 32bit. Both programs need to be run in the same bit for the bridge to work properly.

/edit Damnit Mike. >.<</p>

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • WallytheartistWallytheartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I notice when bringing I'm the scene it shows only a blank screen I guess I have to tweak it a bunch more or mess with the settings to get it to work....