DIM stopped connecting to account

DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

The Last 2 days I have been getting an error that the Install Manager is unable to log in to the specified account and to try again. I have checked e-mail and password several times and all appears to be correct. I still can not connect. I am on version 1.59. (See attached)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't know why you were getting it for the past two days -- there's currently a problem, but it only started an hour or two ago.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Oh good, not just me then :)

• DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

It started for me roughly 2 days ago after I used it to reinstall a Dynamic Clothing item that seemed to be corrupt.

• edited December 1969

I've been getting this error myself. I can log into this website just fine, but not the DAZ 3D Install Manager. I tried opening it as an administrator as well as opening it normally, but neither of those worked. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.

• danny-2296021danny-2296021 Posts: 11
    edited June 2013

Yes, logins to the install manager are not working. Hello?

Oh, an admin knows. Good. :)

Post edited by danny-2296021 on
    edited December 1969

Are others still unable to login? I cannot.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, still can't log in. I'm not expecting a fix until DAZ opens tomorrow.

• Wasabi SoupWasabi Soup Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Oh good, it's not just me. Anyone having a issue with their smart content?

edited December 1969

Oh good, it's not just me. Anyone having a issue with their smart content?

What issues are you having with Smart Content -- that's unrelated.

• Wasabi SoupWasabi Soup Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

What issues are you having with Smart Content -- that's unrelated.

My smart content tab is empty. I was using daz (4.6) earlier today without issue and now everything is gone.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Your content management service may be off. If you select Categories in the Content tab do you see any categories?

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited June 2013

happening to me too.

However, you can still go to your product library on the website and manually download and install. that worked for me until they get this solved.

Post edited by Ademnus on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

Oh! ...I see there are others having this trouble, too. Well, guess I'm glad I was too busy to get here and do more of that install earlier today!! (ha! ) Trying to figure out just what I wanted to do with V4 yesterday gave me a big enough headache. LOL. well... hmmm??

...what to do with myself now?

• WallytheartistWallytheartist Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

when are they getting this fixed.. they got us so used to using it.. making us lazy and now i want it back:-(
    Using version 1.0.0.112

Post edited by Wallytheartist on
  • DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

How do you update the DIM? I assumed it was an auto update.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited June 2013

You need to go to My Account > Product Library, and download the Install Manager manually from there, run the installer which is called DAZ3DIM_1.0.1.58_Win32.exe for Windows.

EDIT:

I think the latest version is 1.0.1.59, and from memory, the DIM asked to update it from 1.0.1.58 itself when I ran the application.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I can now login, but downloads fail with the error "lost connection to server".

Please fix this. Downloading and running individual installers for 80 packages is not something I'd like to spend my day doing.

edited December 1969

The DIM is now working for me. Yay!

edited December 1969

Well I still can't even connect...

I was trying to give this a fair go... *sigh*

I guess I don't like the Install Manager after all... If for no other reason than when it stops working, I have to stop working. So what are my choices now? Go ahead and do all of the installing by hand...which of course, the DIM won't recognise when it does start working again, or just wait until DAZ can figure out how to un-break it so I can use it again? What a PITA! It's 2:30 in the afternoon where I am now. Another whole day wasted waiting... ughh!

All I wanted to do was try to get all my stuff installed properly so that things worked properly... That's all I wanted...

edited December 1969

I have been using the DIM since it first came out, and I haven't had any real problems with it at all.

What OS are you using JS, and what version of DIM?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,460
    edited December 1969

I've had no problems, but it seems some are having trouble logging in atm

edited December 1969

Well, I just checked it again and it is letting me log in now... guess I will try to proceed and see what happens. Will keep you posted, though. Thanks for the response guys!

p.s. really nice to see you guys! :-)

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Having problems myself, DIM wouldn't log in at first, now it appears to be logging in, but when I try to refresh everything, nothing comes up in the ready to download pane. I just bought three items, so I should have downloads waiting.

When I click the DIM link on the product order page, DIM reports that "The account referenced is not setup in Install Manager"

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,460
    edited December 1969

DAZ just posted that it should be fixed now in another thread

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Just tried and now working as expected :)

edited June 2013

Sorry to be such a bug... but I have a question about the DIM and content that came with the Daz book. I bought the book from here, so Daz should have a record that I own that content, but it's not showing me as having purchased Morphs ++ for Michael 4 or Hiro 4, or any of the other stuff that was part of that purchase. Does anyone know what I should do about that? How do I get that info updated in the DIM?

Also some purchases are not showing up in the DIM installer, but if I go to the download page in the Product Library it shows a DIM download... but if I download it, it's not going to my DIM download folder. I tried putting it in the same folder manually, but it's not showing in the DIM. Is there some way to get that stuff into the DIM manually??

Thanks. :-)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

Hello JS

You would need to write to Support about the book issue, and I'm sure they can add the content to your Product Library. They are the only ones who can help you with that.

What items have DIM installers, but are not showing up in the DIM interface?

Plugins and software did not show in DIM in the first version, but I think most things are there now. Have you definitely got the latest version of DIM, it is version 1.0.1.59 currently?

You should check your filters in DIM, by clicking on the 'gear' icon at the top right corner, and go to the Downloads tab there, and make sure that you have the correct boxes ticked.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You should check your filters in DIM, by clicking on the 'gear' icon at the top right corner, and go to the Downloads tab there, and make sure that you have the correct boxes ticked.

I don't know if it is just my computer or if it is a larger problem, my settings changed after the glitch DAZ had over the weekend. Worth the time to check for anyone having problems.

edited December 1969

Also some purchases are not showing up in the DIM installer, but if I go to the download page in the Product Library it shows a DIM download... but if I download it, it's not going to my DIM download folder. I tried putting it in the same folder manually, but it's not showing in the DIM. Is there some way to get that stuff into the DIM manually??

Thanks. :-)

If you put it in the DIM download folder and refresh, DIM will see it.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys. I have a ticket started. :-)

...and thanks for the tip, too Mike! *waves*