newest quadro drivers

BurrManBurrMan Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I loaded the 320 quadro drivers and my Hex crapped it's pants.. Rolled them back to 311.35.

I could make it work by selecting the "Game development" profile, but who wants to do that. Simulation profile would work too, but screw with other apps.

Anyway.......

Comments

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hex hasn't been upgraded since 2006 so it hasn't kept pace with video card compatibility.

• BurrManBurrMan Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

ausair said:
    Hex hasn't been upgraded since 2006 so it hasn't kept pace with video card compatibility.

Well, I understand that, but there is no reason for the break. Surely there is something in the new driver that is not handeling something well. I always run the latest drivers. They shouldnt break something that runs fine now. I dont think there is any gl that is in hex that has been "removed" from supported specs. I'll check the next release.

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

I am not certain as to the Quadro Nvidia driver, triple buffering has effected Hexagon with the Ati card and has been disabled for it to work.
    Solved] Hexagon is not loading anymore

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited June 2013

This is the real problem with software that is no longer being updated/maintained. Eventually one will loose everything directly tied to it that can't be converted or will have to run the software in a time capsule type machine (older hardware, virtual machine.) It is something to consider when deciding to invest in it. In the case of Hexagon I personally think it is worth it as the objects can be converted to obj and it's interface/learning curve is quicker to come up to speed on than many 3d applications at it's price range. Eventually, one might be forced to move on to something else (such as Blender.)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,416
    edited December 1969

I am not certain as to the Quadro Nvidia driver, triple buffering has effected Hexagon with the Ati card and has been disabled for it to work.
    Solved] Hexagon is not loading anymore

Where did you get the driver from. nVidia or Windows update?

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Frank. I have only been following a few posts about this kind of stuff, I have no problems, it is not me that needs a driver, am only trying to help out here.
    Maybe a sticky might help though.
    I am the worst one for not reading stickys :)

• BurrManBurrMan Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear, my post was only to be informative. If anyone loads the 320 quadro drivers and has it "work", that would be something to look at. For me, there was definitely something in them... The 311.35 works great. I'm speaking of the latest drivers straight from Nvidia.