File Size

KraschAndBurnKraschAndBurn Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can we get some info displayed on products regarding the size of the files in question? This information used to be available as I recall.

Either on the product's page itself, or in the downloadable links page, or something. It'll be nice to know how big the download is before I start it, so I have an idea of when it will finish and how big it should actually be when complete.

(If it's still there, I'm not seeing it...)

Comments

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Agreed! I really would like to know the size of the files I have to download. Not only for the proximate time to download something but for the checking ability I would have when it's in.
    In the past it could happen a file was not downloaded completely and so the installer wasn't working. Looking at the size could tell if the download went well.

Love, Jeanne

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

damn that would be nice, also when the last update was. Old site did that. New one is still broke

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited December 1969

Krasch said:
    Can we get some info displayed on products regarding the size of the files in question? This information used to be available as I recall.

Either on the product's page itself, or in the downloadable links page, or something. It'll be nice to know how big the download is before I start it, so I have an idea of when it will finish and how big it should actually be when complete.

If you're running Windows this program can give you the filesize without downloading the files:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Krasch said:

If you're running Windows this program can give you the filesize without downloading the files:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

This looks like an interesting program. I've downloaded it (them :lol: ) and sure will try them out. Thank you for creating it.

Love, Jeanne :)

edited December 1969

You're welcome! Hope you find them useful... :)

• KraschAndBurnKraschAndBurn Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

I'd still prefer a solution that didn't involve third party software, and that program wouldn't help the Mac users either.

edited December 1969

Krasch said:
    I'd still prefer a solution that didn't involve third party software, and that program wouldn't help the Mac users either.

Of course. It's also just a temporary feature in the program, to help out until DAZ gets file sizes listed on the download page.