Teens...?

Alright, so I picked up the Teens during the March sales. And I can NOT get them to install. At all. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled... nada, nothing, zilch. The folders appear inside of Studio, but there is no content in them. If I try to load from list of products, I get an error about no converter being available.

I re-downloaded once again, just in case I'd made some silly goof like downloading the DSON importer files instead. I don't think I would have, since those are clearly marked in the bundle with a PoserCF thing in their titles. The others, which I'm ASSUMING, are Studio installers, NOT Poser DSON... have a 'trx' in the file name. I'm not sure what the significance of the TRX letters are, but as those files do not have 'PoserCF' in them... those are the ones I went back in and re-downloaded (just in case).

I still cannot get it installed. The installer runs, it does not give me any errors, but when loading Studio, the content is just NOT there. Only the folders. I've been fighting with this now for over a week, and I'm out of ideas. I really do NOT understand the DS installation process at all. What the heck am I doing wrong? I managed to get the Gen3 shapes installed and working just fine... but the Teens refuse to. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Incidentally - I have the same issue with everything ELSE in the bundle as well. So I'm quite sure it's something I'm doing wrong, I just don't know what that is.

[Edit : If I view the Studio folders from within Windows Explorer, the content files ARE present. However, they all have a .DUF file extension, rather than the standard .DSF file extension...]

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What version of DS4 are you running? .duf files only work in 4.5+

• edited December 1969

Alright... I have a 4.0.3-something or other. Okay... well, that's one mistake on my part! I grabbed the 4.5 Pro back when it was offered, and I.. thought for sure I'd updated my version of DS to that. Ouy vey...

• edited December 1969

Yep.. that was it... yeesh. Okay, I'm going to go hide now. LOL.