Carrara 8.5 Release

jesuschoyjesuschoy Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

In Product Library in my account I can't find how reset the items.

What is the last release version of Carrara and how can I update?

I have Carrara Pro 8.1.1.12

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810
    edited December 1969

jesuschoy said:
    What is the last release version of Carrara and how can I update? I have Carrara Pro 8.1.1.12

Carrara 8.5 Pro has not yet been released. There is a public beta of Carrara 8.5. As a Carrara owner you should - I think - have this in your product library under the name Carrara 8.5 BETA.

It looks to me as if Carrara 8.1.1.12 is the most recent release of Carrara 8.

The latest beta has been - in my limited experience - reasonably stable. A temporary serial number to allow you to use it is included on the download page in your product library.

• jesuschoyjesuschoy Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    jesuschoy said:
    What is the last release version of Carrara and how can I update? I have Carrara Pro 8.1.1.12

Carrara 8.5 Pro has not yet been released. There is a public beta of Carrara 8.5. As a Carrara owner you should - I think - have this in your product library under the name Carrara 8.5 BETA.

It looks to me as if Carrara 8.1.1.12 is the most recent release of Carrara 8.

The latest beta has been - in my limited experience - reasonably stable. A temporary serial number to allow you to use it is included on the download page in your product library.

Thank you

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited May 2013

edit deleted

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236
    edited December 1969

jesuschoy said:
    In Product Library in my account I can't find how reset the items.

Right. The new system doesn't require that anymore, which I like very much! :)
    Personally, I love the 8.5 beta, which is currently build 204. If you get that, check the stickied post regarding 8.5 and you'll find the current serial number in the very first post. That's where they update the code until the official build is released.

If you have Genesis installed (by having Daz Studio - 4.5 updated is the recommended D|S version), Carrara will automatically add your content for that. Some people use, and like the Smart Content. I don't like or use it - so I can't help you there...
    I go to the usual Content tab, where we put our runtime folders, and Carrara has now added your Daz Libraries in there. Not the one with the word "Runtime" in it, but the other one, under People > Genesis will have all of your Genesis stuff, including clothing and hair, materials, etc.,

You will find that some folders look empty. That's only because 8.5 is currently beta and those just hold files that Carrara cannot use. Just ignore them.

Dude... Genesis in Carrara R O C K S !!!
    (These Orcs are Genesis)
    This animation demonstrates Genesis in Carrara 8.5 beta

RT_Takes_2OrcsA.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 474K
    RT_Takes_2Orcs.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 553K