Are There any Daz Users that have 110.1 Almost Human For Alfa Seed Almost 110.1

2»

Comments

• CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    You could try a geometry shell. I'd even set the offset to 0. You'd use an opacity map for both the 'robotic' shell and the 'human' shell to mask out the other side. Then you could use separate shader definitions for each.

That idea was so intriguing, I had to try it out, so here's a quick test render. The skin part uses the Skin lighting model (duh) while the metal parts use the Glossy Metallic lighting model. Lights are one of Lantios' sets.

Almost_Human_Test.jpg
    600 x 600 - 170K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

That looks to have worked reasonably well. Exporting to LuxRender, I'd make the robotic and skin parts separate materials and use a mix material to select between the two. I imagine you could set up a similar network in Shader Mixer to select between two DAZ Default Shaders as well, and it would probably render faster than the geometry shell trick. But the geometry shell is probably easier for most folks to configure.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

MaloneXI said:
    Hi all.

I just got this model. Really impressive on paper , but I don't understand how to use it , how to load the cyborg. I have Vicky 4 of course , and the alice morph , but I don't understand what to do ...

Can somebody help me ?

Thanx a lot.

The product will work in Poser out of the box for the default V4 and the Alice 5 body shape (which you can pick for free at RDNA). To use it one default V4 body shape, you must use the utility poses to hide body parts and the inj morphs to make the visible parts of the body fit the cyborg parts.

AS always includes an extensive readme. Before using, it is often a good idea to read it. Especially if you are not familiar with using their products.

When you purchased, did you buy the actual cyborg parts? Sometimes buyer mistake texture and expansion packs for the original product.

What other problems are you having?

• CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    That looks to have worked reasonably well. Exporting to LuxRender, I'd make the robotic and skin parts separate materials and use a mix material to select between the two. I imagine you could set up a similar network in Shader Mixer to select between two DAZ Default Shaders as well, and it would probably render faster than the geometry shell trick. But the geometry shell is probably easier for most folks to configure.

And the geometry shell method rendered pretty quick (that test render only took about two minutes to render, and that's with one of Lantios' lights sets AND a Shading Rate of 0.2)

• MaloneXIMaloneXI Posts: 145
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    MaloneXI said:
    Hi all.

I just got this model. Really impressive on paper , but I don't understand how to use it , how to load the cyborg. I have Vicky 4 of course , and the alice morph , but I don't understand what to do ...

Can somebody help me ?

Thanx a lot.

The product will work in Poser out of the box for the default V4 and the Alice 5 body shape (which you can pick for free at RDNA). To use it one default V4 body shape, you must use the utility poses to hide body parts and the inj morphs to make the visible parts of the body fit the cyborg parts.

AS always includes an extensive readme. Before using, it is often a good idea to read it. Especially if you are not familiar with using their products.

When you purchased, did you buy the actual cyborg parts? Sometimes buyer mistake texture and expansion packs for the original product.

What other problems are you having?

Ok, I trully an idiot. My Bro just gave me thé expension pack. I bought the model just à couple of minutes ago and it worked well.
    Thx a lot.

edited December 1969

You're not an idiot. It happens all the time.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Cyonix said:
    cwichura said:
    You could try a geometry shell. I'd even set the offset to 0. You'd use an opacity map for both the 'robotic' shell and the 'human' shell to mask out the other side. Then you could use separate shader definitions for each.

That idea was so intriguing, I had to try it out, so here's a quick test render. The skin part uses the Skin lighting model (duh) while the metal parts use the Glossy Metallic lighting model. Lights are one of Lantios' sets.

That looks pretty nice. It is a shame that they have not updated the Almost Human version for DAZ (it looks pretty awesome!)

Excitement level rising for 110.1 again.

edited December 1969

I Admit it :)

Now the model is complete , I'm having an other problem. When I'm trying to move the arm , or a leg , it seems to be locked with Inverse kinematic , but I verifyed in the menu , and the IK is off for the arm.

Can you help ?

It's been few hours I'm looking for the solution , I read entirely the read me , but there is nothing about this problem.

I loaded the Vicky 4 base. Next I load the right arm implant. Next I injected the right morph to fit the collar. And next , I used the hide morph to hide the hand and the arm. Ok , all fits properly , I selected the body of V4 , and it takes the pose.

The problem is when I just want to move the arm. The hand looks blocked in the space, deformed when I move it.

I don't have any idea wtf is about...

I promise , it's my last question ^^' I'm really noob in the poser world...

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

When you have the cyborg selected; click on the Figure>Conform to.. (in the menu bar and choose V4 from the list of options. I'm on a new system and don't have Poser installed yet or I'd post a screenshot.
    Once that's done; the arm should follow V4's pose.

Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

Yep that's what I did. the problem persists even if the cyber arm is conformed.

edited December 1969

I'm not having that problem. I've been able to grab any part of the arm with my mouse & move it around with out any problems or distortion of the hand. Have you turned off IK on Victoria 4?

edited December 1969

yep of course...

edited December 1969

What version of Poser are you using? You may have to re-install the product and see if that fixes things.

edited December 1969

You are certain IK is off for the Cyber arms as well as for the V4 figure?

Are you using a standard base V4.2? One with all the PIA magnets still attached?

This product is on my workstation and not on my home system so I can't get to it right now but does anyone remember if this is supposed to be super conforming or is this a cross talk issue?

One more odd question but do you have any other V4 figures in the scene with the one you are conforming the cyborg arm to?

edited December 1969

Yep.
    But it's not a problem anymore.
    I deviated the problem. I make a pose xith vicky model, and next , I apply the cyber parts.

To thank you all , here is 3 drafts of the visuals I prepare. Scene is not texturised. Not yet.

Thanx a lot again.

AdamBirth03.jpg
    1920 x 978 - 157K
    AdamBirth02.jpg
    1920 x 978 - 797K
    AdamBirth01.jpg
    1920 x 978 - 647K
  • YehezqelYehezqel Posts: 1

I know that this is a little late for the original poster, but it is possible to use the Almost Human textures for Alfaseed's 110.1 in DAZ Studio. Unfortunately, the textures do not work straight out of the box. In particular, the diffuse maps use a particular feature of Poser to allow multiple files to be mixed in the same map using masks. To use these textures in DAZ Studio, you need to find the files and create the correct composite maps using the different texture files and masks.

I did this in Photoshop elements creating a single photoshop file with all of the armour and skin textures for a given model. Then the masks can be applied to the armour layers to allow the skin layers to be seen. A simple rearangment of the layers then allows any combination to be saved as a JPEG file. This file can then be used as the difuse map. All the other settings work as is.

The attached render is sketch I did for the first "horseman" of the apocalypse. The chest and hip use the model 06 pink variant with the iiv3 skin. The difuse maps were created using hte technique described above from the files shipped with the original product. 

Conquest.png
    707 x 1000 - 805K