Refences to imported objects that have moved.

kairk_bf57c0e06ckairk_bf57c0e06c Posts: 4
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

The computer I was working on died and I'm now working on a different computer. On the now dead computer, I had some projects that used the Second Life Avatar meshes, which were on the G: drive of the old computer. I restored the projects and avatar meshes to the new computer's C: drive but the projects are looking for the SL_Male.obj and SL_Female.obj on the G: drive. How do I correct this?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Where these .daz scenes or .dsf/.duf?

• kairk_bf57c0e06ckairk_bf57c0e06c Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

They are on the new computer's C: drive.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, but what format are they in? DAZ format cannot be changed, but DUF can be edited.

edited December 1969

They were saved as scenes, they are in .duf files. I look at them in notepad and it doesn't look editable to me.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

kairk said:
    They were saved as scenes, they are in .duf files. I look at them in notepad and it doesn't look editable to me.

If I use File > "Save As" > "Scene Subset", it gives me a window "Scene Subset Save Options", and if I uncheck "compress file", the resulting file can be opened in a text editor like Wordpad.
    I don't see that option when just saving as an entire scene; not sure if there's an option to do it there too or not, but if nobody else knows perhaps you could just save it as a scene subset, make your changes, then resave it as a scene again.
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited April 2013

kairk said:

They are just in compressed format, you can use 7ZIP or WINrar or WINZIp to open them, and edit the result, there is alos a way of reading them insde DS4.5, I'll see if I can find it for you.

EDIT:

I believe that you can use Window > Tabs > Batch Convert to do the job as well.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I was able to uncompress them and edit to change to the new drive letter and they read in fine. Thanks for the help! :-)