Problems with Transfer Utility

I am hoping that someone can help me with an issue I am having with the Transfer Utility in DazStudio 4.5 Pro.

I am making armor and clothing for the Michael 4 model. After a model is complete, I export it out as OBJ, import it into DazStudio, and then use the Transfer Utility to 'connect' the object to the Michael 4 model. The Michael 4 model has been converted to weight mapping (TriAx). In the Transfer Utility I select Michael 4 as the source and the imported model as the target. So far this has worked perfectly for items that need to move with and deform to any pose I apply to the Micheal 4 model.

However, I have created a pair of ancient Greek sandals (the kind with leather straps going up the lower leg. The model comes in perfectly and is positioned where it needs to be. I have one sandal for the left foot and one for the right. But when I use the Transfer Utility (Michael 4 as source and Sandal_Left as target, for example), the sandal MOVES and is slightly deformed. None of the other models have done this. All have stayed in place. If I pose the Michael 4 model, then the sandal moves and deforms with it, but it is still out of place (it deforms from the position where it moved to when I used the Transfer Utility). So far this is the only model that is doing this and I have created several pieces of clothing and armor.

Can anyone point me in the direction to fix this or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Comments