DAZ Studio 4

JavPJavP Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

SInce I installed over the older version, all are problems.

Problems to register it.
Access violations during the render with delight.dll.
Problems with MSCVR90.DLL from .NET during the render.
Problems exporting from Hexagon to DAZ. ( DAZ doesn't start )
Problems exporting from Hexagon to DAZ. ( Some objects pass, and others not beeing all selected )
At this moment, I can't render nothing, except if the scene is too much simply. And if I close DAZ, this countinue runnig in the Taskmgr and I have to finish the task.

All this with little moments of good running in a 32 bits XP with the max possible memory por XP.
Meanwhile in the posts, suggestions about not use too much complicated objects. Well, maybe it would be a good idea to explain this before offer this product.

I had to reinstall all 3 times since now.... and I go for the fourth.

Working during 25 years as software developer, I can't say if is a problem of transition from XP to Vista, of conversion from 32 to 64 bits, or the salad of the DLLs .NET versions of Microsoft. But in any case, all this problems are sign of a bad ended product and the method to send the errors is painfull.

It is a pity.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if there may be a problem with the MS Visual C runtimes, by their appearance in the error - did that appear to install correctly (it gets a separate progress bar near the end of the process)?

• JavPJavP Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the reply Richard.

Sometimes appeared the progress bar, and other times not. Depend of the installation made it. I will reinstall it. But it is a problem after problem during months and different updates of Microsoft. ( DIfferent versions of .NET ).

The last faillure was produced at the moment of change properties on the render ( change it to 16:9 ), and change properties of one of the shaders. I don't remember wich one but not so important to remember it.

Since that moment at the render running, appears a "please wait" and an error of access violation. Seems that this siuation produces some type of corruption in some file, and from this all begin to go bad.

I have another situation having ONLY Michael 4 suited with the fighter pilot suit and a small model of a fighter cockpit made by me in Hexagon, and this is enough to hang the render and cause an error. All seems to be too much heavy.

I will reinstall it and if I have problems again I will post. You have a very good program, but Pinnacle studio was good too for video, and all the people is leaving from it for the continued problems loosing hundreds of hours of work !! Please, take care with the revisions. I like DAZ. ( Work with it. Not work in repair it ).

edited December 1969

After 2 reinstalls:

Same render error, same DAZ4Studio on Taskmgr after close the program. In the installations, appeared the box of C 2005, and the message of installing C 2010 redistributable. All XP updates installed. Antivirus / Firewall deactivated.

Dazdib1.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 174K
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

That's a Dz3Delight.dll error, though. I'd redownload DS4 (clear your browser cache first), uninstall, reboot, install the new version.

edited December 1969

Hi Dave:

No. I follow your steps and is the same. Same error at the same point with a cache cleaned, refreshed download / reinstall. It is the fifth reinstall.

Version of instaler 4.0.3.47.

edited December 1969

What is your Bucket size, in Render Settings?

edited December 1969

Hi RIchard:

The bucket size is 16.

I changed the model to recuce the complexity and now I can render. At this time and with this model....

The problem that persists is that DAZ4Studio remains in the taskmgr after close it. It's the only program that do this in the system.

edited December 1969

It should remain for a little while as it releases memory, but only for a little while.

edited December 1969

It remains a lot of time with zero use of CPU.... until kill the task.

I send you how I don't send the failllures. I include a more complex model... and the faillure is here again. If I try to send the bug, appears this error of Mozilla ( firefox ). I never see this error before. This is why I say that this is a bad finished software.

FALLO1.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 508K
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I'd guess that means you're running out of memory. I do not know if your computer has too little RAM or if there is some issue such as a program leaking memory. I'd try a memtest to rule out a bad memory problem.

edited December 1969

Yes Dave, I am beginning to think the same. I don't see other users with all these problems, and seems that you don't find a similar situation.

Well, I begin my revision of Windows 2387.

Thank you.

Javier