Using LOw polygons add ons

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

On the suggestion of Wancow on another forum here I dowloaded this addon http://www.sharecg.com/v/66007/gallery/5/3D-Model/Low-Polygon-MakeHuman-Proxies-in-Genesis-Pose

My question is in which folder in DAZ studio Pro 4.5 should I install the files as there is no installer infos with the zip file downloaded.
I understand from what Wancow told me

These meshes can be given the Genesis bones with the transfer utility
that I can somehow fit them with the genesis figure, does this mean that I should first load the genesis by default figure in DAZ then apply this new addon to it?
When that is done will I get a figure with movable limbs ?

Thanks in advance for helping me

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,208
    edited December 1969

It doesn't matter where you place the files as they need to be imported (File>Import). You also need Genesis in the scene as that's going to supply the rigging. Then go to Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility, set Genesis as the source and the imported OBJ as the target.

• edited December 1969

It doesn't matter where you place the files as they need to be imported (File>Import). You also need Genesis in the scene as that's going to supply the rigging. Then go to Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility, set Genesis as the source and the imported OBJ as the target.

Ok Thanks Richard. I always fear to put some mess in the library and to have to reinstall all ! 2 precautions are better than 1 as the French says!lol!