Newbie question - bright teeth

dippyblondedippyblonde Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm sorry to ask what is probably a silly question. I have tried for a few days to find the answer and have now given up and am going to ask here.

The teeth in my characters are way too bright (almost blinding!). Can I "turn down" just the teeth/inside the mouth. Everything else is perfect so I don't really want to mess with lights etc.

I'm using the original V4 character. Also I'm an old woman (in my 50s!), please speak in English, I'm finding it very hard to follow all of the these abbreviations lol! I'm using Daz for commercial purposes, not to produce the gorgeous images I see you all producing.

Thanks

Post edited by dippyblonde on

Comments

• Zeke42Zeke42 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

My first thought would be to try going into the surfaces tab, click on the teeth and adjust the color, highlight and shadow colors under the Basics tab

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Surfaces Pane yes but in the Advanced Surafces settings you can change the Diffuse colour to a white/yellow or white/grey which ever you prefer. Also try adjusting the Specular settings and colour and make sure Ambient is set to 0%. My advice if you are new is to change one thing and test render, change another test, rinse and repeat until you get the look you want.

here is some info on the Surfaces Pane http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm that might help you.

edited December 1969

Surfaces Pane yes but in the Advanced Surafces settings you can change the Diffuse colour to a white/yellow or white/grey which ever you prefer. Also try adjusting the Specular settings and colour and make sure Ambient is set to 0%. My advice if you are new is to change one thing and test render, change another test, rinse and repeat until you get the look you want.

here is some info on the Surfaces Pane http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm that might help you.

• dippyblondedippyblonde Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you, thank you... both of you!

I've been struggling for a couple of days, I should have just asked. I've gotten the look I wanted to achieve exactly. Brilliant!

Thank you again, for your time.

edited December 1969

My pleasure. I do prefer to find these things out myself too. Last night I spent at least 4 hours on a problem and 2 hours of that was solid reading. But I found and fixed the issue and I will now remember it forever. :) Ocassionally I have had to come and ask but very rare that happens/ed.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,196
    edited March 2013

Also, try lowering the Shadow Bias setting on your shadow casting lights - if it's too high (it's an offset, in cm) light gets into spaces like the mouth and the nostrils with odd effects.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • dippyblondedippyblonde Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you Richard :D

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

50s is still young!

edited December 1969

batesyboy said:
    50s is still young!
    yeah but look at the handle. Sorry dippyblonde I couldn't resist. :)

Seriously there are a lot of women here that are much older doing some amazing things hobby wise and commerically and some excellent code writers amoung them. I find they have a different way of looking at making things and come out with some great products.