Carrara scene back to DS?

Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there any way to get a Carrara scene converted back to a format that DS can open? I've tried the DAZ COLLADAE and it was a real mess--arms and legs everywhere.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

What version of Carrara and what version of DAZ Studio?

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

C8 or C8.5 and DS 4.5---the latest version of both applications.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Salem2007 :)

It depends on what you've added to the Carrara Scene,. some things, like particles, physics, terrains, oceans, hair, plants, replicators, etc are all specific to Carrara, and will not transfer, .. or,.. at least,.. not easily..

Going from Carrara, back to DS is generally a backward step,

If the issues you're having are related to the figures,. then the simple answer is to load the figures in the application you want to render them in. whether that's DS or Carrara, or something else..

If the scene is something you've built in Carrara,.
    It's possible to export a scene as a single OBJ ,. which you could load into DS,.
    but you don't need to export the figures in a complex way. when you can export and load the "empty" Carrara scene, and then load the figures.

You can also export any individual models you've made in Carrara,. as OBJ models, and then load them into DS.

Shaders, camera's and lights, are program specific and will need to be adjusted, or recreated in any other application.

DS to Carrara is also version dependent ,. DS4.5 scenes (DUF) will only load into the Beta version of Carrara 8.5

Hope it helps :)

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I'll try the export as obj method...it's not a complex scene--I just don't want to have to repose and clothe everything. Thanks!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    I'll try the export as obj method...it's not a complex scene--I just don't want to have to repose and clothe everything. Thanks!

Why not render in Carrara?