question

TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I just purchased Carrara8 PRO and with it was the 8.5 beta I got the ser# for it but I was reading that it expires 21March do they mean the beta or the ser# trying to figure out wether or not to install it if it expires so soon ....Thanks in advance Trish

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you've bought it, then go ahead and install the beta...closer to the 21st there should be a new serial for the beta (maybe even a new beta release...). That's the way it's been for quite a while now.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI bullit35744 :)

The Serial number in your (My Account) for Carrara 8. will not expire or change.

The serial number for the "Beta" version of Carrara 8.5 ..Will expire,. and is designed to do so when the next beta release is expected to be made available.

Alternatively, a new "beta" serial number can be used to extend the testing period for the existing beta version,.. if a new beta release isn't quite ready at that time.

Hope it helps :)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited March 2013

mj1016; ok Thanks

3DAGE; ok Thank you

I hope they do keep updating that will be cool I just need to keep up with everything been looking at tutorials and reading the manual,lot to all of this 8 PRO....I had 7 but didn't play with it much...now I feel ready to learn

Post edited by Trish on
  • edited December 1969

I have looked through the store and cannot find the beta :(

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you have purchased C8 in the past just go to your order history and reset it, this should bring up the C8.5 beta. Note, to use genesis in the beta you will have to install studio/genesis.

• edited December 1969

Thank you. I have Studio/Genesis installed. One more question. If I reset the history will it still keep track of what I have already ordered?

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I have Studio/Genesis installed. One more question. If I reset the history will it still keep track of what I have already ordered?

he means to reset the download. It does not effect your purchase history.

But it will be a LOT of downloads, so they have the downloads expire after a few days so they are easier to manage.