Hide specific objects of a group made in Hex in Daz 4.5?

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I created an object in Hexagon, then copied/cloned the object 10 times, but I want the ability to hide certain of those 10 objects in Daz. I know how to make separate shaders for each and set the opacity to 0%, but there must be an easier way for the 10 objects to appear in a tree in Daz, no?

Comments

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

just uncheck them (the eye icon) in the daz scene tree.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, but then they all disappear, I want to hide just certain ones out of the 10 and I don't want to load them individually in Daz and have to reposition them.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Not sure what you mean here?

Have you used the Create menu in DS to make Instances of the same object. If so, they should all be listed in the Scene pane with a number under Instance Group, and you can hide any single one of them. If you hide the first object that these are all instances of, then they will all go away.

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

I do not understand, each separate object has it's own icon, as far as loading, rather than the bridge which loads the separate objects you could group and save it as an .obj then import to daz as far as repositioning goes do the objects not appear where you want them? an image might help in your description.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    Thanks, but then they all disappear, I want to hide just certain ones out of the 10 and I don't want to load them individually in Daz and have to reposition them.

If it's loading as a single object, then that won't work. Pretty much, if it's a single object then the only way is going to be using individual surfaces and setting each one you don't want to 0% opacity...

Let's say you are putting apples in a tree...

I would import my tree into my modeler, then add my apple. Then duplicate/distribute the apples around the tree. Then, before exporting make sure that each apple is a 'real' item an not an instance or linked to any other item. Then export each apple individually (the positioning should stay the same). Then in DS I'd load the tree and in the center of it add and parent a null. Then import each apple, parenting it to the null...then save out the null with the apples as a prop or figure (depending on DS veresion and whether or not you want it be Poser compatible).

• edited March 2013

I'll work on a picture soon.

I'm not familiar with that, is it the Create - New Node Instance or Instances?

So how do they create Genesis where you can hide body parts?

Post edited by richardgaray_c9b7eb2acb on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I figured out a way.

First I was exporting as a wavefront obj, then importing into Daz and it appeared as one object.
    This time I used the 'Send to Daz' function in Hex and it kept them all as separate objects/separate icons where I could hide them individually.

Thanks for all the suggestions!