Issue with custom face morph and face posing.

TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
edited September 2012 in The Commons

So I finally got GoZ working and wanted to play around with making a face morph for Jason. I got it sculpted and working in Daz Studio (second image), however I seem to be encountering a problem.

As you can see in the first image, by using the "Top Eyelid Down" and "Bottom Eyelid Up" morphs, I can create a blinking expression without any difficulty. However, when I use the "Eye Close" morph (image three), it looks bugged up. Rather than blinking, he seems to be attempting one of those "anime smiling eyes" where they're like ^_^, and the eyelashes won't move at all.

Anybody know what's causing this, and how I can fix it?

EDIT: I honestly have no idea how the forum managed to mix up the first and second images.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited September 2012

How radical is your morph? The overall shape of the head has changed a lot, but I assume most of that is the Jason morph. What you probably need is a correction morph - one that fixes the eyes with your morph and the expression morph applied - to do this, create the morph then use the Property Editor to connect it to both the expression morph (standard link) and your head morph (multiply link, so that it does something only when your morph is dialled in).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

How radical is your morph? The overall shape of the head has changed a lot, but I assume most of that is the Jason morph. What you probably need is a correction morph - one that fixes the eyes with your morph and the expression morph applied - to do this, create the morph then use the Property Editor to connect it to both the [removed]standard link) and your head morph (multiply link, so that it does something only when your morph is dialled in).

There were some major changes made to the eyes, which would explain it.

By the way, it seems as though a part of your message was removed (there's a "[removed]" thing in the middle of a sentence).

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

When you edit the face in zbrush it does not edit the eyelash mesh. You must adjust it so it matches the morph.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    When you edit the face in zbrush it does not edit the eyelash mesh. You must adjust it so it matches the morph.

Not true actually. If you use the "Move" brush instead of the "Move Topology" brush, the Eyelash/Tear/Lacrimal/etc will move as though they're attached to the mesh. This is helpful when shaping eyes (as long as you mask out the eyeballs), but not so much with the mouth (as you will end up deforming the teeth).

That's how I managed to get the eye shape in the first place and have the eyelashes. This is a custom face morph based off Jason that changes his facial structure and eye shape.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

Ye your right. I completely forgot that. I'm getting old....Looks like you're gonna need an adjustment morph.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Not sure what happened to my post - I've edited to restore the sense.

• wdsmith1959wdsmith1959 Posts: 60
    edited March 2013

Ok...I think I'm in the right place, since I want to learn how to DO face morphs, so how DO I do this in DAZ? What do I need? Can it be done in Hexagon? I want to make some face morphs for the male Genesis character and for Michael 4 to make them look like 1930's gangsters such as John Dillinger, Lester Gillis, aka "Baby face George Nelson", Al Capone, Clyde Barrow, Charles "Pretty boy" Floyd, etc.. Are there any face morph tutorials here?

Thanks,

Will

John_Dillinger.jpg
    400 x 655 - 34K
    Post edited by wdsmith1959 on