Free Rigging Tutorials?

franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Are there any free rigging tutorials for DazStudio4?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to Daz Studio Discussions, as it is a request for, not an offer of, a freebie.

• edited December 1969

I know this request is a little out of date, but so is my 3d budget. I have heard that Sickle Yield made a great tut on rigging a dress, I'm hoping that bc I can't find a link to it, that it is old enough to be for v4. if not, where can I find a tut on rigging a long dress for v4?

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited March 2014

I missed the answers to my ancient question - but I'm still looking.
    But at the moment only the Content Creating/Rigging Tutorial link actually works. (and many of the links to actual explanations in there are also broken or missing)

Are there now any more around?
    Especially in relation to DS 4.5 or DS 4.6?

I had one character to rig back when I first asked, now I have 7 and will (at this rate) soon have 12.
    These characters are nothing to do with Genesis or any other humanoid figure, or with any sort of clothing.

Any tut on how to rig clothing to fit Genesis (or any other humanoid figure,) would be of no use to me.
    I need to know how to rig bones (or whatever DS uses) to a figure so that I can create walking sequences, talking, hand/arm movements, and other such things.

Is this even possible in DS?

Post edited by franontheedge on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I missed the answers to my ancient question - but I'm still looking.
    But at the moment only the Content Creating/Rigging Tutorial link actually works. (and many of the links to actual explanations in there are also broken or missing)

Are there now any more around?
    Especially in relation to DS 4.5 or DS 4.6?

I had one character to rig back when I first asked, now I have 7 and will (at this rate) soon have 12.
    These characters are nothing to do with Genesis or any other humanoid figure, or with any sort of clothing.

Any tut on how to rig clothing to fit Genesis (or any other humanoid figure,) would be of no use to me.
    I need to know how to rig bones (or whatever DS uses) to a figure so that I can create walking sequences, talking, hand/arm movements, and other such things.

Is this even possible in DS?

Yes. "Legacy" rigging is the method which results in a .cr2 file which can [hopefully] used in most of the D/S and Poser versions.

"in a nutshell"

The figure needs to be "grouped" in the modeler. I would suggest using the expected bone structures for the names of each group.
    All uvmapping done and shading domains assigned.

Put the geometries in "your" folder under Runtime > Geometries ....

On the Figure/Skeleton/Whatever it's called now tab, right-click in the geometries section and import in the new mesh.
    Slide it over to the Figure side, rename the mesh as desired [no symbols, nothing silly], assign the basic bone directions and "create" the figure. Using the "Joint Editor" tool, make other adjustments to what the bones can do [twist, bend, slide] and one can rename the parameters slider too .... and rather than saving out scenes, export out a .cr2 file. Rename it if wanting a series along the creation route, or let new ones overwrite the old ones. Export out to "your" folder under Characters in the same Runtime. Runtime > Libraries > Characters ...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

Everyone should read this one too
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/start

Some needs updated but its very good info...

Post edited by Jaderail on