High Quality Render help?

KyogamaKyogama Posts: 46
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I am new to this and have found several sites telling me if i do "blank" this will happen and stuff like that but I am still to new to understand. I created this scene for a friend and I want her to be able to zoom in and see all the details I put in for her, but I cant seem to figure out how to do that. I'm going to attach the last rendered pick and the setting I used (which took nearly 4 hours to complete). Can Someone please tell me very newb and blunt of what I need to put in the setting?

Well actually Im just going to attach the settings as for some reason the pic wont attach >_>

Comments

• KyogamaKyogama Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Maybe this link will work? http://i45.tinypic.com/2h2p9w7.png

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited February 2013

If your friend tries to increase the size of the image beyond 100% its actual size its just going to blur. Thats just a fact of digital images and true regardless of what program its made from.

The best solution is to render at the maximum possible size that DAZ Studio will allow which is 10,000 x 10,000 pixels. However, that is going to take a longer time to render and will create a much larger file size. On the bright side, your friend will be able to see the extra detail. She will have to zoom out though to see the whole thing. The largest I have rendered is 6400 x 4800. That was more then enought to see details in the image.

To give you a quick rundown on some of your advanced render settings:

Bucket Size: This is how many pixels squared that the computer will render at one time per CPU core. 32, which is the middle setting would mean that an area that is 32 pixels by 32 pixels is processed by the CPU and then moves to the next area that is 32pixels by 32 pixels.

Raytraced Depth: This effects reflections. If you dont have any, leave it at two. If you do, then this value tells the computer how many times an item can reflect back and forth between two reflective objects. Think of standing between two mirrors and looking into one, you see infinite reflections. In DS however, the maximum number of reflections you would see is controled by this value. maximum is 16.

Pixel Samples: In short, its the secondary quality settings. For test renders keep the value low. For final renders you can set it higher. Higher values will help give a more natural look when using Depth of Field.

Shadow Samples: This determines the quality of your shadows.

Gain & Gamma: I leave mine at 1

Sahding Rate: Your primary quality control. Lower values mean much crisper images. default is 0.2 For test renders of complex scenes you would want to set this up to 0.5 or even 1 to render faster. But for final images, if you want a crisper image, set it to 0.2. Mixed with a high Pixel sample and Shadow sample rate can increae render times but help produce crisper image.

Here is a link to the more technical explination: http://www.k-3d.org/wiki/RenderMan_Controls

My advanced render settings screen shot from DS3

2010-06-27_232122.jpg
    328 x 602 - 92K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

For the Best Render's in every mode you can do. Please follow this link.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16085/
    This will give you test renders (fast) Standard (better) and others as well. I Used the DS3 version and I now use the DS4.5 version. I suggest these for anyone who really wants to Just render, or those that wish to study the Settings and Learn what they do when uesd.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Kyogama said:
    So I am new to this and have found several sites telling me if i do "blank" this will happen and stuff like that but I am still to new to understand. I created this scene for a friend and I want her to be able to zoom in and see all the details I put in for her, but I cant seem to figure out how to do that. I'm going to attach the last rendered pick and the setting I used (which took nearly 4 hours to complete). Can Someone please tell me very newb and blunt of what I need to put in the setting?

Well actually Im just going to attach the settings as for some reason the pic wont attach >_>

your pixel samples are unbalanced, stay on both at 21 or both in 64, make identical values for this parameters.
    go for more higher Ray Trace Depth than 2.
    GAIN MUST BE 1 value, not zero!
  • HELP! Hi, I was hoping someone could provide me with render settings for a high quality image using Iray render. I have been rendering on the advanced preset Iray setting, but the faces are still coming out with a lot of noise. I have increased the max time to see if that will make a difference, but I would like to get a high quality render in no more than 10 hours. Can someone please help me get a crisp render In that time using Iray!!! I don't really know all the setting parameters yet. Many thanks!

• Is your scene in a room or other enclosure? How si it lit? The default settings, using the HDRI dome image, shoudl converge a lot more quickly than that even on a weak machine without an nVidia GPU.

• It is inside with Iray soft lights hitting the figures. Lots of shadow. The real noise issue is on Victoria 7 skin which is lit brightly enough.  Not sure how to do the HDRI dome, to tell whether or not it's selected and what exactly it does...

• If the scene is inside then the dome won't help as the walls will block the light. You need to adjust the tone-mapping section of render settings - raise the Film Iso or fStop, or lower the shutter speed.