Problems with Basic Suit UVs

BagletBaglet Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The UVs for some mat zones in the Basic Suit have layout problems.

The Shorts or hip zone has two overlapping pieces.

The Torso overlaps front and back.

I hope somebody has time to fix this.

Comments

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

If you have UVMapper or MatWriter Panel 2012 (dna) you can use it to separate the maps and then you can texture them :-)

Post edited by Jazzmin on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure how re-mapping would affect the item. It's not a static object but grouped to conform. It would also be of use to me alone as nobody else would have the same mapping. So no published textures.

It needs fixing at source so that everybody has the same object and mapping.

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahh okay, I thought these were the texture maps (sometimes referred to as UV Maps). Sorry about the troubles. Have you placed a support ticket or contacted the vendor?

edited December 1969

Yes. I'd better do a support ticket - though I think they're drowning under those at present with the website issues.

Maybe something different will make a nice change for them.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Er. UV maps can and are allowed to overlap, as far as I know.

When you pull default texture maps out of UV maps, you can limit which ones you want to display, save them, and move to a new section.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2012

It is being looked at. I also cannot get the uv's right

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Er. UV maps can and are allowed to overlap, as far as I know.

When you pull default texture maps out of UV maps, you can limit which ones you want to display, save them, and move to a new section.

That only works if they are different mat zones or groups. Here the same zones and body part groups are overlaid. So if you make a texture the mapping will have no idea which part it belongs to.

I've put in a ticket with description and the images so it will get fixed eventually.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh dear, you're right, someone done goofin' up.

edited December 1969

No progress on this.

There was a reply to my request but it was about the Supersuit, totally ignoring the fact that this is a problem with the Basic suit.

If this isn't solved soon, I'll return the thing as I'm only interested in the Basic Suit.

edited June 2012

Update. Wrong reply was due to a misread as most problems are Supersuit related.

The UV issue is now an official bug with filed report and should get fixed.

Post edited by Baglet on
  • JarelJarel Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Update. Wrong reply was due to a misread as most problems are Supersuit related.

The UV issue is now an official bug with filed report and should get fixed.

Have you heard any more about this? I found the bug on the tracker but it's still in 'acknowledged' state.

• JarelJarel Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I added a note to the bug-tacker (here) on how to add a surface as a temporary fix until the suit is corrected.

The pink area shows the 'missing' surface:

Surfaces.jpg
    888 x 875 - 248K