How do I use a purchased environment in Daz Studio?

ebedgertebedgert Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I bought an environment from the Daz shop and am completely stumped on how to import it into Daz. It gave me a lot of info on where it's located on my computer when I installed it (the readme), but when I go into Daz Studio I can't see it anywhere in my content menus. How do I start using it? Help.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Need more info to help. Like a link to the item. That would really help me to help you.

• ebedgertebedgert Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

if you open the Content Library pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library) it should be under Poser Formats>My Library>Props>Folder listed in the Readme, where My Library will be the folder you installed the item to.

• ebedgertebedgert Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

It's not there.

When I installed it, it asked what target app I wanted (I chose Daz Studio rather than Poser), then the installer chose /Applications/Poser 4 as the installation folder.

So it's in the wrong place. I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling in Daz3D/Studio/My Library.

But you'd think that if the installer asked me if I wanted Daz Studio as the target app, then it would pick the proper Daz Studio folder instead of Poser. Sheesh.

Thanks for your responses.

Post edited by ebedgert on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

ebedgert said:
    When I installed it, it asked what target app I wanted (I chose Daz Studio rather than Poser), then the installer chose /Applications/Poser 4 as the installation folder.

That "the installer chose" bit is, I think, actually a drop-down list where you can choose one of your possible default locations. In your case, "Poser 4" just happens to be the one that shows first if you don't change anything. Click on the little down-arrow at the end of that line in the installer, and you should have your D|S content (whatever you've called it) as one of the options.

Some installers are more finicky than others, depending on how old they are, but once you've done this a few times it should stay as your "first preference" location choice.