Genesis Characters in Poser?

HarbadixHarbadix Posts: 126
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I guess this might have been asked already so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great....I have Poser 9 and the DSON importer and I can Genesis base figures in Poser thats no problem but can I load complete Genesis character I have created in Daz Studio 4 Pro (I made a who load of characters before I upgraded from Poser 7 to 9) I would like to be able to use these characters in both DS and Poser but I really dont want to have to go to the trouble of recreating them all over again in Poser, is this possible?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

make a shaping preset for your character and then make a Poser Companion file of it with PZ2 as type

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

Yes, as long as you are using 4.5. Save as a character preset and then go to the folder you saved to, in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats, then right-click on the pane's tab and select Create Poser Companion Files - the options under Source should be right, under Destination make sure you pick the Poser library you want to use, and the desired folder inside it and if you don't use the CMS change the Use metadata option to Use this library and file extension, setting it to the Figure library (Cr2). That should do the job.

• HarbadixHarbadix Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

OK I probably didnt explain properly, I want to open fully kitted out characters, morphed, shaped, skinned and clothed wit hall props etc attached....

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

then save as sub-scene and make PCF as cr2. Everything done that way

edited December 1969

Is there a tutorial on how to do that, I have been a Poser user since Poser 4 and altho I have DS 4 and can use it well enough to produce a render I really dont know how to do all the stuff that comes second nature to me with Poser

edited December 1969

Brilliant, cheers!