how to change color of JS Pants

edited December 1969 in New Users

while i am able to color the under clothes for genesis figure, how do you change the color of js pants?
thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited January 2013

The colour is supplied from a JPG image file. Click on the arrow at the left hand side of the Diffuse tab, and click on the 'None' option. Then change the Diffuse colour to whatever you want.

The alternative is to load the texture into a paint program (Gimp, Photoshop or PSP etc) and change the colour there, and save under a different name or you will overwrite the original texture.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2013

^^; jimmy quick answered,, OK I go to bed. EDIT
    =====================================

have you tried another material preset for JS pants?

I believe you have installed them with genesis starter essential kit. (so you have js pants)

select JS pants,
    then open surface tab,,
    select "preset" view (now you select "edit")
    (top area of surface pane)

if you change preset, there are another material presets (with texture ).

as you know,, material preset apply texture on diffuse property.

now your diffuse texture is black,, so if you apply your color on texture as diffuse color,,
    it may not clear visible.

and you can remove the texture on diffuse color property,
    click small triangle, select none. it remove texture, so that you can change diffuse color
    more clear.

but I think you better first try with another preset and diffuse texture.

Now I apply 02_pants duf. 'you know the texture seems like silver

then change edit mode,, apply another color as diffuse color with the texture.

colorchange.JPG
    1021 x 573 - 99K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • edited December 1969

thanks to both of you - they both resolved the issue (without going out of the software for another solution)

how can I save the newly colored pants as unique content?

edited December 1969

I just saved the one I did as a Scene Subset, and it loads nad fits to Genesis with no problems. You coud save it as a Material Preset, but you would have to load the pants first each time before applying it.

• edited December 1969

Thanks Jimmy
    I saved both as Scene Subset, and Material Preset; how do I load them now?
    The clothes, and even the figure do not appear in the smart content (I do see the figure in the folder)

edited December 1969

They wont go into Smart Content as they don't have any Metadata. You will need to use them from the Content Library pane, that is what I use for everything.

You should know that not all content appears in the Smart Content pane, only items with Metadata, and only the the newer items have that for now?

To load the scene subset, just double click on the icon, and to load the material preset, load the JS Pants first, select them in the Scene pane, and double click on the Material Preset icon.

• edited December 1969

To load the scene subset, just double click on the icon, and to load the material preset, load the JS Pants first, select them in the Scene pane, and double click on the Material Preset icon.

I opened a new file, added Genesis fighter.

In Content Library I double clicked on the JS Pants (right column in pic)
    then went to Scene tab and double clicked on the JS Pants
    the saved colored pants do not appear.

saved_pants_2.png
    1132 x 490 - 179K
    saved_pants_shirt.png
    1152 x 536 - 302K
    edited January 2013

I don't know what you have done here. You have to look at there your item is being saved when you save as a subset or Material Preset, otherwise you wont be able to find it. Where did you save it to.

In any case, no matter which one it is, ths pants are black in the thumbnail, so you didn't save the coloured one anyway. What did you name the Material Preset?

As you can see, I saved my JS Pants as a Scene Subset, and they appear in my Scene folder, becuase that is where I saved it to. It is called JS_RED_PANTS.DUF, and when I appled it to a blank Genesis, it loaded the red pants.

I think you will need to start again, and this time, name the file something that you will remember, and save it in one of the My Library folders so that you know where to find it again.

Untitled-1.jpg
    602 x 812 - 243K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

ok cool, i found where I saved them
    many thanks!