Generation 3 (V3, M3, S3, A3 etc.) Iray converter?

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735

Are there any generation 3 Iray converters out there? Can't seem to find any.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735
    edited March 2017

Well, correction, JM HumanShader works with generation 3 also (though it's not mentioned on the product page), but I'm not satisfied with the results - it's a generic converter and not generation 3 specific.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

I would recommend https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution. It is expensive, but worth grabbing when it comes up for sale.

It is not a one click solution for Generation 3 characters like it is for Genesis 1-3, you have to use the manual converters supplied as a freebie with the products. However it does give some amazing results for old skins, as a lot of generation 3 skins only come with a diffuse map, which is fine for Anagenessis, as that is all that it uses.

This is the shader applied to V3's high res skin

V3 Anagenessis.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 132K
    Havos said:

I would recommend https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution. It is expensive, but worth grabbing when it comes up for sale.

It is not a one click solution for Generation 3 characters like it is for Genesis 1-3, you have to use the manual converters supplied as a freebie with the products. However it does give some amazing results for old skins, as a lot of generation 3 skins only come with a diffuse map, which is fine for Anagenessis, as that is all that it uses.

Well that looks great! I actually already have Anagenessis 2 but wasn't aware of any manual converters. Where do you find these?

Taozen said:
    Havos said:

Well that looks great! I actually already have Anagenessis 2 but wasn't aware of any manual converters. Where do you find these?

The download links are in this thread, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110976/n-g-s-anagenessis-ii-revolution-commercial

I know that is a long thread, but it is worth skimming through it as there is some discussion on using the manual shaders. They are not as easy as with Genesis 1-3 and the manual script does occassionally throw up an error, but it does look good when you get it working. Naturally you still need to adjust settings for your own taste. For example, I am not keen on the lips for V3 in the image I posted above, they are too dark/reddish.

Havos said:
    Taozen said:
    Havos said:

The download links are in this thread, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110976/n-g-s-anagenessis-ii-revolution-commercial

I know that is a long thread, but it is worth skimming through it as there is some discussion on using the manual shaders. They are not as easy as with Genesis 1-3 and the manual script does occassionally throw up an error, but it does look good when you get it working. Naturally you still need to adjust settings for your own taste. For example, I am not keen on the lips for V3 in the image I posted above, they are too dark/reddish.

OK, will give it a try. Thanks!

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

That's a cool tip on how to convert V3 skins! However, I notice your example shows the skin a bit too 'sparkly' around collarbone area.

Might just be the lighting.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks for this info. I'm about the take the plunge into that thread for the same reason. I'm using Anagenessis on the skins. I don't think it's fully applying. I know there's some tweaking involved, just been intimidated by the size of that thread. It's a LOT of reading!

havsm said:

That's a cool tip on how to convert V3 skins! However, I notice your example shows the skin a bit too 'sparkly' around collarbone area.

Might just be the lighting.

You are right, and no it is not just the lighting, as I have seen a similar effect on other skins using the anagenesis shader presets. There are however many ways to tweak the skin settings to your own tastes, so it could be manipulating the glossy and/or bump settings could change this effect if it is undesirable.

That freebie script on the first page of the Anagenesis page works wonders. You have to play with it a bit, but I'm really happy with the results. This is Vega for V3: 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

damn @Llynara, I'm gonna have to PM you I think, I don't understand the instructions for that at all LOL! 

Llynara said:

That freebie script on the first page of the Anagenesis page works wonders. You have to play with it a bit, but I'm really happy with the results. This is Vega for V3: 

I've been meaning to write up a tutorial, because it is a little confusing. But it works great! 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

She's missing her sword!