weight map brush

malcolm jacobsmalcolm jacobs Posts: 107
edited December 1969 in New Users

This is a Topic i would like to Open up with regards to the use of the Weight Map Tools

i can't find enough information on the Use of this tool.
i would very much like people to contribute and add any information

on the subject
on youtube there are a few videos but they do not explain any tool or how to use it
where to find it in the menue or what it does.

please point me in the right direction

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,868
    edited December 1969

What are you wanting to do?

• malcolm jacobsmalcolm jacobs Posts: 107
    edited December 1969

i wanted to use the tools, but to be honest i don't know what any of the tools do!
    i started trying to use it for smoothing,

i thought i could use it for ironing out sufaces to make better looking cloths fitting.
    as with most of the tools in Daz studio, i can't find information on how to use properly

please forgive me, but i don't know how to use it.
    can you help?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Malmaoo said:
    i wanted to use the tools, but to be honest i don't know what any of the tools do!
    i started trying to use it for smoothing,

i thought i could use it for ironing out sufaces to make better looking cloths fitting.
    as with most of the tools in Daz studio, i can't find information on how to use properly

please forgive me, but i don't know how to use it.
    can you help?

Blondies tutorial for rigging has a section on using the weightmapping tools. It's a good investment if you want to learn how to use the tools.
    http://www.daz3d.com/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

I can highly recommend it if you want to learn the tools.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Weight maps control the bending of the mesh when you pose it. They are what makes the main part of a shoe bend while the heel stays solid. Rigidity maps are related and are also made with the weight brush, but they control the distortion of the mesh when you morph it. To actually change the surface of the mesh you would need to use a modeling tool - even though "weight map brush" sounds sort of like some of the brush tools found in modeling apps, it's only related to rigging, not to making changes to the mesh itself.

Here's the reference guide to the Weight Map Brush:http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/viewport_tools/weight_map_brush/start