Poser to Carrara - Dynamic Cloth Animation

BaazarBaazar Posts: 17
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey guys,
So since Carrara doesn't have anything substantial for clothes and I'm trying to animate a super hero with a cape, what are my real options? I am running all my mocap animations through Poser and turning them into motion poses anyway. So, I can run the dynamic cloth sim on the cape in Poser but I haven't had any luck getting it into Carrara as an animation.

I have used the Dynamic Poser clothing export script located here: http://carraracafe.com/?page_id=22&did=26

But this does not transfer the morphs into Carrara. The cape remains rigid even when importing the pz3 scene. By the way, the cape is a prop not a figure. Is there any way to convert a prop to a figure in Poser?

Thanks guys. Let me know if there is a better way to do this... I appreciate all the help and guidance on this forum.

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Hi Bazaar,

Have you tried the Dyn2Morph script in Poser before exporting ?
    I have no problem with this workflow.

Philemo

• BaazarBaazar Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    Hi Bazaar,

Have you tried the Dyn2Morph script in Poser before exporting ?
    I have no problem with this workflow.

Philemo

Hi Philerno,

Yes I have, but like I said. It does not import the morphs into Carrara. My cape comes in completely rigid and while it does have an area morph section now there are no dynamic morphs listed. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871
    edited December 1969

there is a setting in Poser you need to change from the default for saving the PZ3 under preferences misc called use external binary morph targets

that said I did a skirt and top but only the skirt worked even though the top had sequenced vertex object keyframes in Carrara, no idea why

• BaazarBaazar Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

there is a setting in Poser you need to change from the default for saving the PZ3 under preferences misc called use external binary morph targets

that said I did a skirt and top but only the skirt worked even though the top had sequenced vertex object keyframes in Carrara, no idea why

Ah ha! That might be my solution. Thanks so much. Once I get a chance I will try that.