edited December 1969

Pff I am so gonna win this...

The car you bought is...

Tralaaa a 1957 Heinkel Kabine

heinkel.jpg
    480 x 398 - 91K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

1970 AMC Gremlin....because if it happens again, who cares if the car gets washed away?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,513
    edited December 1969

2005 Volvo V70

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    1970 AMC Gremlin....because if it happens again, who cares if the car gets washed away?

I love that guess! I was going to say a 1978 AMC Pacer!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited January 2013

Hmmm... nobody figured it out yet?

I was sure once someone saw that you do not like coffee flavored snacks, the answer would be obvious!
    A 2012 Mini Cooper in electric blue with white racing stripes!
    HA!
    BUT! Knowing that you have artistic tendencies and work in some form of technologies management and are an administrator at DAZ, it is obvious that you are not completely opposed to coffee... as a matter of fact it would be ridiculous to think you could possibly even survive without coffee, and thus the obvious answer is no longer valid!
    Now I'm sure others are thinking "that must mean he got a Pirus!", But they would be wrong!
    Clearly you are crafty enough to fool people with your clever disguises, so I know you are skilled at the art of deception! The first phase of your deception is the statement "we lost two cars", implying you could no longer locate them... the trained mind knows cars are big and hard to misplace and stick out of stuff even if you don't leave them where they belong... you also did not deny living on Mill Rock and judging from the fact that your sofa and wood paneling haven't existed for 30 years, one would have to believe they were destroyed when the garbage barge GL64 ran aground on mill rock in 1987, but then again they would be wrong again... Mill rock could not fit two cars on it!
    I imagine this revelation has people's minds reeling!... But it goes on.... surely people are now thinking, "well, a 2004 Honda Accord and a 1994 Toyota Camry were lost, what one car would be cooler than those two combined?"... The love of wood paneling and your fondness for living close to the water might suggest a 3 masted schooner-car, but that would be a stupid choice... you have children who you surely do not want to grow up to be pirates, so one would have to think more practically... a lexus? a smart car with a kid rack on the roof?
    HA! What everyone else fails to see is how you are toying with us by your clever use of words and sentences, trying to draw us away from considering your interest in Science fiction and vast knowledge of pharmaceuticals, or the fact that your left hand which you lost 28 years ago in a kangaroo wrestling accident, is really robotic... Yes, you want us to believe what is right is left and what is up is west, clearly you have placed the iocoane powder in both our cups.... um...
    Wait... where was I?... kangaroo... garbage barge... wood paneling... coffee... Ah, yes!...
    Since you say "We actually lost 2 cars in the hurricane, a 2004 Honda Accord and a 1994 Toyota Camry, and used the insurance money for both on 1 car, which is neither an Accord nor a Camry."..... I see right through that statement...
    The grand total of the insurance money for a non gold plated 1994 Toyota Camry and a 2004 Honda Accord is less than the cost of any useable passenger vehicle not currently on fire... And the last part of your statement gives it all away... "which is neither an Accord nor a Camry."
    Being that no ONE vehicle is cooler than a 2004 Honda Accord and a 1994 Toyota Camry, you have great technical skills (having made your own robotic hand after it was taken by that kangaroo), you are now used to being around large amounts of seawater, you enjoy welding, and "There is no car currently available which is large enough for two human children to peacefully cohabitate"....
    I have come to the conclusion that you have taken the money the insurance company has given you and bought a new welding rig, with which you have joined together all the soggy remaining parts of your beloved vehicles into one massive (still somewhat soggy) "Accordamy"... or Camrord... Accmry... whatever... it's big, its black and you welded a partition down the middle to stop the kids from biting each other...
    You thought nobody would figure it out but you didn't take into account having to deal with my mind... I won't even deal with my mind, so don't feel bad if it caught you off guard...
    Look... I don't want to ruin the competition for other people, so you don't have to give the prize to me... just pick a random vehicle and whoever guesses that, you should give them the gift certificate... or have people fight to the death for it... its your call.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

1999 Vector M12

1999_Vector_M12.jpg
    600 x 450 - 54K
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

2004 honda civic?

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

2012 Chevy Malibu.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

I thought we were guessing the car that was totalled... not the car you replaced it with,
    2012 Nissan Maxima.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited January 2013

Well since you probably could not find or afford a Hummer XT with the insurance money alone....how about a nice, practical used vehicle...

2010 Hummer H3T

h3t.jpg
    500 x 281 - 80K
    HummerXT.jpg
    800 x 507 - 184K
    Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

You know, while I was being a super detective back there, I completely forgot to say, what should have been the first thing out of my keyboard... Sorry, to hear you lost your cars and I hope that is all you lost. Around here everything was such a mess for so long and I've gotten used to hearing from so many people who have had their cars crushed or flooded ( around here it's "thank god it was just my car, the guy down the block had his house washed away")... I guess I just should have been a little more sensitive to your loss... anyway, good luck and hope your new car treats you well... and stays much drier.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You know, while I was being a super detective back there, I completely forgot to say, what should have been the first thing out of my keyboard... Sorry, to hear you lost your cars and I hope that is all you lost. Around here everything was such a mess for so long and I've gotten used to hearing from so many people who have had their cars crushed or flooded ( around here it's "thank god it was just my car, the guy down the block had his house washed away")... I guess I just should have been a little more sensitive to your loss... anyway, good luck and hope your new car treats you well... and stays much drier.

Thanks, we lost pretty much all our possessions except our laptops, but the people and the cat made it out and the house is sound, so no complaints. It's a pity we lost some irreplaceable mementos, like my dad's letters to my mom when he was in the Air Force, photos of people who are no longer with us, cat show ribbons for a previous cat, but it could have been a lot worse.

• sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Since you have demonstrated a very practical and wise approach to cars as evidenced by the ones you owned that were lost, and based on my experience with those makes, I would assume you would stay with those excellent brands, but perhaps move up in size. So my wild guess is a 2013 Honda Odyssey.

edited December 1969

Wow, sorry to hear that. I don't even know where to begin. For some reason maybe something you wrote in the old forums, I was under the impression you where in Manhattan, I'm guessing you are in one of the shore communities in the boroughs, they bore the worst of the tidal surge. I'm really sorry to hear that you lost pretty much lost all your stuff... I hope things are getting back to normal... over here some of the barrier islands took heavy damage and the great south bay no longer buffers certain areas like it did pre-Sandy, so places like where my friends are, two towns over keep getting more damage every time there is a big wind load on the high tides... I hope you are not getting that sort of thing.
    Well, good luck and I hope you never have to go through this again.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Just thought about this. Thought maybe I had gotten unsubscribed, but nothing since back on the 6th.

*bump

edited December 1969

I think it's time for another hint.

Does the vehicle have a steering wheel?
    Is the steering wheel on the left or right side?
    Does it have four wheels with four tires mounted to the wheels?
    Do the tires have air in them or are they made of hard rubber?
    Does it have an engine or a squirrel cage?
    Is the engine or cage in the front or back?
    Does the vehicle come with a CD player, cassette deck, an eight-track tape player or none of the choices?
    If the previous question was none, does it have an FM radio, just an AM radio or neither?
    If the previous question was neither, does the vehicle run on steam or only good for downhill motion?

If you answer one or more of these questions I believe it will help us in determining what you purchased or at least get us a bit closer to the year.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I think it's time for another hint.

Does the vehicle have a steering wheel?
    Is the steering wheel on the left or right side?
    Does it have four wheels with four tires mounted to the wheels?
    Do the tires have air in them or are they made of hard rubber?
    Does it have an engine or a squirrel cage?
    Is the engine or cage in the front or back?
    Does the vehicle come with a CD player, cassette deck, an eight-track tape player or none of the choices?
    If the previous question was none, does it have an FM radio, just an AM radio or neither?
    If the previous question was neither, does the vehicle run on steam or only good for downhill motion?

If you answer one or more of these questions I believe it will help us in determining what you purchased or at least get us a bit closer to the year.

It does have a steering wheel.
    It's on the left side (from the driver's point of view).
    It has five wheels, but the one in the trunk isn't a real tire, just a temporary one.
    The tires have air in them AND are made of hard rubber.
    It's either an engine or a very unusual looking squirrel cage.
    It's in the front.
    It has a CD player, that should narrow things down.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

2011 Honda Accord

• edited January 2013

fixmypcmike... Sorry to hear about the storm damage your family suffered. I used to live in that area at one time and can only image what it was like or compare the damage to what I endured in the California earthquake of 1989. Hope everything is much better now and continuing to get better.

Believing you to be a practical individual I was temped to guess you bought a 2012 Morgan "Three Wheeler" as shown in the image below and in the YouTube links provided. *wink* To tell the truth, I fell in love with Morgans as a kid when I first saw a 1936 three wheeler on display at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

To quote Al Pacino in the movie "Scent of a Woman" I am not going to actually guess the year, make, and model of the car you bought because "its too damn hard". Without some good clues there are just too many makes and models of cars, spanning too many years, for it to be fun trying to choose. Apologies about that, but I thought it funny you made me think of the Morgan again as a silly possibility. *wink* + *smile* ...Although perhaps not pratical, it would be fun!

YouTude Video: Morgan 3 Wheeler video review - autocar.co.uk

YouTude Video: Morgan 3 Wheeler - Fifth Gear Web TV

YouTude Video: Morgan Three Wheeler Super Sports 1934

Morgan-3-Wheeler-left-front-motion-1-1024x640.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 143K
    Post edited by 7th Stone Productions on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

* bump * :)

edited December 1969

Last call for guesses -- you have until 11:59:59pm DAZ time on January 31.

edited December 1969

We need another hint or two or three.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear about the cars and other things you lost, but I'm glad everyone is okay. I was going to guess 1936 Sports Car Morris but I don't think it comes with a CD player (though it probably could be refitted with this one).

So instead let's say...2011 Toyota Highlander.

edited December 1969

The closest guess was Xandory. We got a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. And I'm giving a bonus GC to lordvicore for the funniest replies. Thanks everyone!

edited February 2013

I just found out about the GC! Thanks fixmypcmike! That was really nice of you! I don't know if the PM function is working yet, since the site change, I have yet to send or receive one... well actually I just PMed you with thanks, but since I don't know if its working....

THANK YOU!!

You rock Mike! Thanks!

Post edited by McGyver on