Autofit not enabled....

edited December 1969 in New Users

I have the latest Daz 4.5 downloaded and installed.
The instructions for Autofit say that I must obtain a serial number despite the fact that it's included and installed already (seems redundant to obtain a serial number for a product that's free but I'm game).
I 'bought' Autofit and obtained a PDF file that DOES NOT contain a serial number. At NO time in the 'purchase' was I presented with a serial number (and yes I watched carefully).

This is a moot point since there is *no place in the plug-ins menu where I could type a serial number* anyway.

I have read the replies to others with the same problem and the moderator keeps telling folks to type the serial number......
The folks keep replying eloquently and at great length that THERE IS NO PLACE TO TYPE A SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE PLUG-IN!

??

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ok serial numbers are usually obtained from your account page but in the case that is mute.

If you purchased (even though free) Daz Studio 4.5 Pro through the store you should have the serial for the Pro version in you account page under "My Serial Numbers" so first question is the version you are using the Pro version? ...Top Menu bar Help > About Daz Studio

If you are using the Pro version and you want to check then Autofit will show up in Help > About Installed Plug-Ins (see image below) This is where you would place the serial number if it was needed.

And finally what makes you think it isn't installed if you are using Pro? Have you got the figure selected before loading clothing etc?

AutofitSerial.jpg
    677 x 781 - 161K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have the latest Daz 4.5 downloaded and installed.
    The instructions for Autofit say that I must obtain a serial number despite the fact that it's included and installed already (seems redundant to obtain a serial number for a product that's free but I'm game).
    I 'bought' Autofit and obtained a PDF file that DOES NOT contain a serial number. At NO time in the 'purchase' was I presented with a serial number (and yes I watched carefully).

This is a moot point since there is *no place in the plug-ins menu where I could type a serial number* anyway.

I have read the replies to others with the same problem and the moderator keeps telling folks to type the serial number......
    The folks keep replying eloquently and at great length that THERE IS NO PLACE TO TYPE A SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE PLUG-IN!

??

Did You Download the FREE Autofit and Install it? That is not needed any more. AutoFit is now Part of the FULL Free Daz Studio 4.5 program. If you installed the download version of Autofit You should Uninstall it and then reinstall DS again. The DS Code will then activate all the Plugins Except AniMate2 and Decamator. AniMate2 is Free for 30 Days but Decamator must be bought.
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for answering and here is my info....

I verified that I do indeed have Daz Pro installed (it's 4.5.0.114) and that my serial number is installed. I've been using the program for a while now and everything works well. (The render engine is pretty slow but I'm looking at purchasing Reality 2.0 anyway.)

As you can see in this screenshot, my autofit is a nice shiny red :-(
    Where in this dialogue box is the serial number supposed to be installed? The only serial number installed is for animate 2. None of the others have a blank spot beside them.

I have loaded a Genesis figure, loaded a pose (I just bought the young teens pack) then attempted to put some cloths on the poor thing (she seemed awfully cold in her skimpy little skivies ). I was presented with a dialogue box telling me that autofit wasn't working or installed properly (or some such thing).

My install path is NOT normal. All my programs are on an E: drive and all my content is on a different hard drive. (I use a nice fast SSD for Windows and programs and several conventional HDs for content. I also do motion graphics and video on a professional level). Could this be affecting the registration? All my other plugins work fine.

Thanks again for your help.

my_plugs_01.jpg
    934 x 798 - 106K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

It looks as though when you installed the separate Autofit it was a newer version of what will work with 4.5.0.114 given the latest public release is DS4.5.1.6 and therefore the plug-in you installed will be newer. But I am only guessing here.

Your setup looks fine but again if you are as you say using Pro then there was no need to reinstall the plug-in. So how to fix. Not having encountered this problem before the only thing I can suggest, like Jaderial suggested above, is uninstalling the Autofit plug-in and reinstalling Daz Studio 4.5.0.114.

Or you could wait a little longer and see if someone else has some better advise. :)

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for your help and sorry it took so long to reply, the holidays got in the way.
    I had quite a mess of partial/failed/old installs of several versions of Daz so I uninstalled EVERYTHING, deleted all the detritus and remnants, then did a clean install of the latest download. It all works just fine now. The only thing that didn't survive is my pile of categories.
    Thanks again.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is a problem with partial/broken installs...not all the files will be overwritten.