Deoderant model

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited February 2017 in The Commons

I'm looking for a 3d deoderant model. Preferably a stick not a roll on for men.  

A gym bag which opens would be awesome too.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited February 2017

One of these would likely work for a gym bag. And they open. Dunno about deodorant tho.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited February 2017

Beat578 has an opening gym bag in their free G2 Sportsdress set at Rendo.

Maclean's Everyday Morphing Primitives http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-morphing-primitives and a stolen ad image may be your best bet for stick deoderant.

EDIT: Just looked at stick deoderant images on giggle and wow, the shapes available have changed in the last 40 years.

StickDeoderant_002.png
    849 x 1200 - 289K
    StickDeoderant_012.png
    849 x 1200 - 598K
    Post edited by Pack58 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited February 2017

If the deoderant doesn't have to be open, there's a bottle in Maclean's toiletry kit that'll work. http://www.daz3d.com/everyday-toiletries ; With some shaders it would actually pass as an opened version as well. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Good suggestion! I have toiletries and I think that would work. It is the right shape. Funny no one has made deoderant yet! Daz characters must not have bo.

• I thought this was going to be a post about those poses that look like the figure is smelling their armpit....:p

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited February 2017

I'm looking for a 3d deoderant model. Preferably a stick not a roll on for men.  

I've got one that I made to just be in the background of an image - it doesn't open or anything and it's in OBJ format, but your're welcome to have it if you want.  If you can wait til the weekend I can make one that opens and make a better texture for it.

The as-is version is in a zip file along with the UV map and the terrible texture I made for it (for my purposes it was only seen at a distance and with some DOF blur so I only spent about 10 minutes modeling it and maybe 1 minute slapping a crudely cut-out screenshot texture onto it) at ***EDITED BY MDO2010 TO REMOVE DROPBOX LINK - PROP IS NOW ON SHARECG***

Doc2.jpg
    480 x 640 - 155K
    Capture.JPG
    1648 x 1009 - 192K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Wow! Nice work. I can wait for it. Thanks for making such a cool prop!

Good suggestion! I have toiletries and I think that would work. It is the right shape. Funny no one has made deoderant yet! Daz characters must not have bo.

Yeah, some of Greenpots sets at Rendo have a liquid deodorant/body spray ala Axe, but I couldn't find the a plain old stick.  On the other hand, if MDO2010 hadn't stepped in, I was also going to suggest using eitehr a lipstick scaled up for the old-still round stick or an aerosol can... both of which can be found in Maclean's cosmetics kit.  .  

MDO2010 said:

Look I'm looking for a 3d deoderant model. Preferably a stick not a roll on for men.  

I've got one that I made to just be in the background of an image - it doesn't open or anything and it's in OBJ format, but your're welcome to have it if you want.  If you can wait til the weekend I can make one that opens and make a better texture for it.

The as-is version is in a zip file along with the UV map and the terrible texture I made for it (for my purposes it was only seen at a distance and with some DOF blur so I only spent about 10 minutes modeling it and maybe 1 minute slapping a crudely cut-out screenshot texture onto it) at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ita1l52lnc2oi6t/Deodorant.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

edited February 2017

I worked on this a little bit more while I watched the last couple episodes of Person of Interest tonight (I've been binge-watching it a few episodes a night laugh) and I should be able to have a fairly decent version of it done this weekend for anyone who needs it.  I split it into 3 pieces (cap, body and bottom part that twists), added some interior detail and redid the UV layout.  I also cleaned up the image I used for my original texture.  Sometime this weekend I should have some time to import it to DS and re-save it for use.

MeshFinalScreenshot.JPG
    1850 x 1009 - 254K
    SubstanceScreencap.JPG
    1619 x 836 - 121K
    DeodorantUV.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 1M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

very cool...don't need it but I'll come up with a scene that can use it...good for comedy

edited February 2017

OK - I think this should work.  It's my first ever attempt to make something that other people can use, so please let me know if it works or not.  Whether I will be able to troubleshoot any issues or not, I don't know, but worst case I can always just provide the .OBJ model and the textures. laugh

Zip file is at ***EDITED BY MDO2010 TO REMOVE DROPBOX LINK - PROP IS NOW ON SHARECG*** for the DAZ Studio version.  It only has really basic 3DL textures as I am really out of practice at creating DS shaders and have pretty much zero clues about Iray - you will definitely need to play around with the surface settings on your own.

It comes in two pieces - the body, which has a bottom part that can be rotated and the cap which will load parented to the body if the body is selected when you load it.

Free men's deodorant model

Preview

Preview03.jpg
    1811 x 985 - 131K
    Preview01.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 143K
  • msam921msam921 Posts: 141
    MDO2010 said:

OK - I think this should work.  It's my first ever attempt to make something that other people can use, so please let me know if it works or not.  Whether I will be able to troubleshoot any issues or not, I don't know, but worst case I can always just provide the .OBJ map and the textures. laugh

Zip file is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsxui66twegdz2z/MDO2010freebieDeodorant.zip?dl=0 for the DAZ Studio version.  It only has really basic 3DL textures as I am really out of practice at creating DS shaders and have pretty much zero clues about Iray - you will definitely need to play around with the surface settings on your own.

It comes in two pieces - the body, which has a bottom part that can be rotated and the cap which will load parented to the body if the body is selected when you load it.

Free men's deodorant model

Preview

This looks amazing! Thanks so much. :D

• Yes thank you!

Really awesome work and way beyond what I expected. Since it's a real brandname, folks will have to change that to use in a commercial render, they'll have to change the name on the product, but that's an esy fix in photoshop.  Thanks so much!

edited February 2017

Really awesome work and way beyond what I expected. Since it's a real brandname, folks will have to change that to use in a commercial render, they'll have to change the name on the product, but that's an esy fix in photoshop.  Thanks so much!

Thanks! laugh

I've been wanting to start creating some free items with the goal of trying to submit something to DAZ for sale by the end of the year and I kind of seized on this as a first practice item that was within my capabilities.  It also gave me an excuse to finally watch DarkEdgeDesign's product making videos.smiley

I started on a fake label for it so people didn't have to make their own to replace the real Dove label ("MDOdorant - keeps your art from stinking!") but I got sidetracked by real life and didn't finish it.  You do have to wonder why Dove had an 8000 pixel PNG with transparency of the label on their website if they didn't want people to use it though. wink

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2017

I made this as part of a homework years ago, you are welcome to have it if you want it, but it`s on spray and the label makes no sense (it was the most stupid project ever).

hojalata.jpg
    2700 x 2025 - 1M
    Post edited by Soto on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

@Hellboy Yes! Where can it be found?

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    xyer0 said:

In my hard drive.. somewhere. I will search for it. :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

You mean 3d people need deodorant?  Yeah a little detail that enhances scenes.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    Hellboy said:
    xyer0 said:

In my hard drive.. somewhere. I will search for it. :)

Muy gracias!

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

Thank you very much! Great props!

edited February 2017

Just wanted to note that I removed my deodorant prop from my Dropbox account, so the quoted links above will no longer work. The final version, with a fake label instead of the real product label, is on Sharecg for anyone who still wants it: https://www.sharecg.com/v/87340/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Mens-Stick-Deodorant-Model

New Promo Image with Fake Label

DeodorantPromoImage.jpg
    754 x 640 - 307K
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Wow!  Amazing prop, thank you!  I have Collective3 3d's bathroom stuff from here but there is no deoderant included.  This will be nice.

edited February 2017

Okay, finally got around to using the deoderant prop and it is excellent! You should release a men's toiletry pack!

In any case, I made a couple poses for it, and will upload to my freebie thread for those who want to play with this fantastic prop.

deoderantpose.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on