What do I have to import to start a character?

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in New Users

There are so many files in lots of different folders. Please can you tell me, what all I should open, import and choose in the sidebar (and eventually in which order) and which of all the files are loaded automatically when I start with a figure?
:snake:

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,104
    edited December 1969

Which figure? Which application are you using?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Which sets you want to use? All things that would help us help you.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Your questions are showing the nature of my problem! I'm starting with different figures and characters. Some are appearing complete with all attributes. Others appear in simple form and I have to add textures or perhaps even more I do not know. There are so many attributes which I can browse, select and diversify in the sidebar. How do I know which character is complete and which not?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

When you decide it is complete then it will be complete...the choice is yours and yours alone.

Now if you have something specific that you need help with then we are heppy to help.

Sidebars are called Panes.

Genesis a plain grey figure which is the base figure which you can Dial/Slide in the details like body shape etc via the Parameters or Shaping Pane while the figure is selected. Select the head only and you get more adjustment sliders just for the head.

M5 and V5 are Charcater presets for Genesis which load morphed in to those redefined shapes and with skin textures.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, dear Szark! I can see clearer now!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My pleasure Wolpi

Oh and btw your English is so much better than my German which is almost nothing. :)