V4 clothing work on V5?

info_83d3d27fddinfo_83d3d27fdd Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

I don't see any V5 clothing so I assume the V4 items work with it?

Also in Daz 4 is there a way to snap a figure to the floor? Like in poser it has "drop to floor". Many thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Any Genesis clothing, including V4 clothing via Autofit, will work with any Genesis shape (more or less).

From the Parameters tab, Options, Move to Floor, or Ctrl-D

• info_83d3d27fddinfo_83d3d27fdd Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

So I just bought The Sorceress http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-sorceress/, and I had to find those items in the right side tabs instead of the left, I guess because its older. I try to drag the items on to a genesis figure or double click, and nothing happens. Doesn't work with V5 either.

• info_83d3d27fddinfo_83d3d27fdd Posts: 18
    edited June 2012

Oh is The Sorceress not gen? The Sorceress is for V4, so isn't that genesis?

Post edited by info_83d3d27fdd on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Long dresses do not work well with the Autofit yet. You can still try.

edited June 2012

For something like that, with a long skirt and dangling sleeves, you'd do better with something made for Genesis, such as
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/elven-dress-for-genesis/

ETA: Genesis is the base Generation 5 figure; V4, M4, and K4 were the previous generation.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • RianBRianB Posts: 18
    edited June 2012

Hallo, i have the same problem with loading clohting from victoria 4 on genesis. I bought the ValiantLorena dress, and i also tried to dubbelklik it, but it did not load. I thought all the clothing from Victoria 4 had to fit on Genesis with auto-fit? And even if it shoud not work zo good, then still the bracelets or bikini shoul fit?
    (sorry for my bad english...)

Post edited by RianB on
    edited December 1969

Pepsel said:
    Hallo, i have the same problem with loading clohting from victoria 4 on genesis. I bought the ValiantLorena dress, and i also tried to dubbelklik it, but it did not load. I thought all the clothing from Victoria 4 had to fit on Genesis with auto-fit? And even if it shoud not work zo good, then still the bracelets or bikini shoul fit?
    (sorry for my bad english...)

Valiant is a texture for Lorena. Did you buy the Lorena outfit? You need to fit Lorena outfit to Genesis, then you can select Lorena and apply Valiant to it.

edited June 2012

Aha, so i bought textures for the Lorena outfit? Mmm, so i have to buy that one first, but...its not for sale anymore, i can't find it anymore...
    So, the "Valiant"that i bought can't be used, that's a shame, but my own fold, i have to read better next time ;-)
    But when i buy something that is originaly for V4, then i can use it for genesis, whith Auto-fit?
    Thanx for the reply!

Post edited by RianB on
    edited June 2012

Yes, although some outfits convert better than others -- long dresses, shoes, and long dangly sleeves are the most difficult to convert.

You can contact sales support for a refund on Valiant -- unfortunately, it's sometimes hard to tell, as the Required Products can only list items that are in the store. You really need to read the details about what is included. Valiant is a PA item, so DAZ 3D can't remove it from the store without the PA's permission.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

What is a PA item?
    And thanx for the response, i can mail the sales support?

edited December 1969

PA's are Published Artists -- they own their products, as opposed to those which list DAZ 3D as the vendor.

From a store page, click Help > Contact Us from the top bar, and click the "Submit" button. Say you want to return Valiant, give the order number (and PayPal transaction number if applicable), and choose "Sales Support" for the contact department. You can return anything purchased here within 30 days.

• Mr PbodyMr Pbody Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Gosh I think purchasing V5 was a mistake on my part. I love the model and the morphs don't get me wrong. The problem is you have to purchase a lot of new clothes or do some fiddling to get the clothes to fit V5.

Autofit works well for shirts, pants, hair. Things like panty hose and shoes originally designed for V4 fit terribly. It treats shoes like a piece of cloth. I bought another pair of shoes for V5 which I already had the same kind of shoe for the V4. The bad part is autofit gets rid of clothing morphs. I've stayed with the V4. I think it renders pretty well with the 4.2++ and most of the 4.2 models are compatible with Poser if Daz doesn't work out for you.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,866
    edited December 1969

The 4.5 release candidate keeps morphs in AutoFitted clothes. You may be able to improve shoes by selecting all of the polygons in the heel and setting the weight to 1 (Polygon Selection Tool, Weight painting Tool to select the maps you want to adjust)

• gioloigioloi Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Hi all. I'm resuming this thread because I'm suffering some problems with the auto-fit of V4 clothing conformed on genesis (Studio 4.5).

I guess a picture speaks better than one thousand words (the thighs bending is 90 degrees for both models):

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr167/gioloi/v4vsgenesis_zps08acc588.jpg

This T-Shirt can't be considered a "long dress", but the "V-shape" between Genesis legs is more than apparent.
    It happens with every V4 clothing I try to conform on Genesis.

Is there a way to work around, or at least attenuate, this very annoying effect?
    Thanks a lot.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,866
    edited December 1969

Using the Smooth option with the weight painting brush will probably help, at least to make it less of a V. Switch to the Weight brush, open the Tool Settings pane and select the bone (thigh I should think) and map (XRotate I think) you need, then right click and from the context menu choose Smooth Selected faces - try a fairly low number of iterations and see if that helps. It may be too widespread, in which case you would need to undo, then use the Polygon Group Editor to select just the faces affected and try smoothing them.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

And the weight map brush... though, I had some trouble getting to know the weight map brush. It took me quite a while to begin to get the hang of it, and I'm still quite a novice