"object missing" error bryce 7

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello All

I've created a scene on a laptop which runs under Vista Home Basic, all works fine.
When I try to re-open that file on my desktop computer, which runs under XP SP3, I get the following:

"There is an object missing, loading will continue without that object"

I Pressed OK for all the missing objects, an in the end the scene came up EMPTY. not a single object! not even a camera!

I went back to the laptop and synchronized ALL the files related to the scene and all the objects and libraries and everything related to Bryce I could think of with my computer, right down to folder trees and names - Nada. the same error again.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? could it be related to a windows version conflict? maybe a Visuall C++ thing?
The laptop has ver 2005 installed, the desktop has ver 2010... Both versions of Bryce are identical, ofcourse... :-)

Please help!

Yaron AC

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2012

You say that both versions of Bryce are identical, but just to make sure, have a look at the actual version number.
    You need both to be version 7.1.0.109

It's possible that one version you have is 7.0.1.34 as this seems to be the most common reason for the fault you describe.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

You say that both versions of Bryce are identical, but just to make sure, have a look at the actual version number.
    You need both to be version 7.1.0.109

It's possible that one version you have is 7.0.1.34 as this seems to be the most common reason for the fault you describe.

Yes as Dave suggests, check the version number. To do this, in case you don't know, goto Help>About Bryce while holding down the Ctrl key. A little box should pop up in the middle of the display giving you the number. remember to close the box first, before clicking on anything else, otherwise it will sink into the background and you will think Bryce is locked up. But it's just that the box needs to go first.

version.jpg
    1472 x 784 - 556K
  • edited December 1969

Thanx a lot, guys!

It worked!