Replacing textures in the shader

KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello.

I might remember it wrong, but in DS3 when you applied a texture MAT with Ctrl, you could have been prompted to check to replace or to ignore the textures, which allowed fast texture swap while keeping texture parameters like specular strength same. I think that in DS 4.5 this isn't working with Poser-like MATs anymore, only with DS-matposes. Am I missing something or that feature is really gone?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't recall DS3 being able to do that with Poser-format mats, it's always been a feature that requires DS-format files.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I don't recall DS3 being able to do that with Poser-format mats, it's always been a feature that requires DS-format files.
    I wondered about that a few weeks back...this explanis alot.
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I haven't checked with the latest format, but in the old dsa/dsb format, the code to replace the textures was in the dsa/dsb preset itself, therefore it doesn't work, generally with Poser presets. However it does work if you have the dsa/dsb with same name and same location as the Poser preset (there's an icon on top left corner of the Poser preset to indicate that a DS preset will be loaded instead). A solution would be to save a deprecated dsa/dsb preset whenever you find a Poser preset that doesn't have the matching DS preset and make sure to place it in the same Poser runtime folder containing the material preset.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Thanks, ReDave, this is probably what I was doing to make it work. So strange, I was absolutely sure that pz2 alone could be used for replacement in shaders but I've checked in DS3 and no, they can't.