Where is the high res version of V5 genesis?

HenryChan2HenryChan2 Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Where is the high res version of V5 genesis? I noticed the poly count is super low. I need the high res version that is double the poly count of V42. Maybe I'm supposed to be doing something I don't know about yet?

Post edited by HenryChan2 on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Heya,
    I don't know how to explain for Poser, but I can ( bit) for Daz|Studio. Genesis (an it's morphs, like V5 and M5) is built off a low res framework, so the "base" geometry is very low poly, low res. When you load the figure into D|S, it is sub-divided there, making into the high res figure right in Daz|Studio. If you're using DS, you can see this in the Parameter Tab, as shown in the image below. It's not easy to see in the image, but if you try the Base and High Res, and view it in the Wireframe modes, the gray lines are where the object is sub-divided.
    In Poser, I guess there's a way to also subdivide, and stuff with the DSON that does pretty much the same thing, but someone else would have to explain that one. :)
    Hope that makes a bit of sense there, I'm terrible at explaining :D

ResExample.jpg
    600 x 707 - 212K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

laksdfj said:
    Where is the high res version of V5 genesis? I noticed the poly count is super low. I need the high res version that is double the poly count of V42. Maybe I'm supposed to be doing something I don't know about yet?
    What software are you using Poser or Daz Studio?

If it is Daz Studio then when Genesis is loaded it is always Subdivided at default so if it is Poser then when you export Genesis (V5) then you need to choose the resolution on Export in the DSON Exporter.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 2012

Export V5? She just showed up in my Poser runtime, so I double-clicked and she loaded (PoserPro 2012). What's this exporting stuff? And while I'm asking, where are her various eye colors and makeups? They're in the DAZ People section but not available to Poser.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880
    edited December 1969

The material options should be in the Materials library, I think, though I haven't installed the V4 PoserCFs

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

Nope. Just the V5 Bree All, which is the nude face. No make-up faces, no eye colors, no bump settings.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I am afraid it's the same case like M5 ... Daz was a bit lazy in transporting all the options for V5/M5 to Poser ...
    You only get the Bree all in Materials.
    For M5 you get only Philip shaved and the Eyes textures.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

DSON isn't an exporter, just an importer on the Poser side for DSON/Duf format content. - there may be a smoothing/subdivision option in the DSON scripts menu in Poser (I'm not home right now so can't check). Poser doesn't subdivide the same way as DS but it may be that the subdiv is one of the things the DSON Importer handles thru that menu (like fitting genesis clothes to morphed genesis figures.)