Bryce 7.0.109 and Video Textures - Crash Issue

edited December 2012 in Bryce Discussion

Having an issue with some fresh installs of Bryce...here's the skinny:

I was having issues with the operating system (Windows XP Pro SP3) so I just wiped and reloaded, and then installed Bryce, first the old beta 7.0.0.134, then the newer 7.0.109. Everything seems to work, except for anything involving video textures. I can't open files that worked 24 hours ago and which work on other computers, and as soon as I try to load a video, Bryce crashes.

This is the error I get:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module AVIFIL32.DLL, AVIStreamStart

The two files named in the stack trace are AVIFIL32.dll, and Axiom.dll (CVideoStream:OpenStream)

I'm no programmer, but I also tried reinstalling Bryce 7.0.99 (which is what I used before the wipe and reload), and it does the exact same thing. It sounds like there's a problem somewhere in the OS but I don't know how to go about fixing it.

Anybody run into this before?

Post edited by tnpir4002_8c3dde19be on

Comments

• edited December 1969

So note for all other users: if you run into this problem on Windows, it's because QuickTime isn't installed. I didn't realize that was a requirement, but as soon as I reinstalled QuickTime the problem went away.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

tnpir4000 said:
    So note for all other users: if you run into this problem on Windows, it's because QuickTime isn't installed. I didn't realize that was a requirement, but as soon as I reinstalled QuickTime the problem went away.

I'm guessing it isn't so much a requirement for quicktime as it is for an AVI codec that quicktime happens to install as well.

• edited December 1969

^ As Spock would say, that seems logical. :)

Ah well, the only thing left to say is...if you celebrate it, Merry Christmas!

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.